Odd shaped room, need help planning..

Username: Vikingtyty

Post Number: 1
alright, my family just moved into a new house. 2 floors. when you walk up the stairs, theres an odd shaped room, that is basically the only room we can use for the tv/entertainment room.

the room (rough sketch, haha, but it gets the point across) looks like this - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/asilentproposal/et.jpg

brown squares: couches
black square: entertainment center

i know it's weird, but what should i do to get the best home theatre set up in there?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4919
I would move the entertainment center to the east side of the room, that is referring to the window as the north side.

Work from there.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 689
Actually as odd as the placement may be Berny, I think Tyler has the right idea where he has the entertainment center now. You don't want to put the TV in front of all the light coming in from the window.

The way the room is configured, I would do a 6.1 configuration. Put the front channels above the entertainment center and put the two back above the small counch in the corner and the large couch opposit the window. Then put another channel on that corner by the smaller couch nearer to the window facing the large couch.

Make sense?

Post Number: 2
that sort of makes sense, but the large couch opposite the window is right up against a wall, and the wall stops a few inches above the couch(basically, you can look downstairs from right there). so i don't know where a speaker would go(don't want it sitting on the ledge or anything)

and channel = speaker, correct?

Silver Member

Post Number: 695
Yes.

Now can't you get a speaker mount and put it on the wall?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4957
Good point. I was thinking the TV should not get a lot of light from the window by being on the east side. Wouldn't the viewing angle be awkward if placed or left in the original configuration? Or is the angle not that steep?

you wackos are nuts
Unregistered guest
your brain is not that steep

Post Number: 3
well i'm saying, the longer couch is up against a wall that is barely taller than the couch itself.

Silver Member

Post Number: 705
Can you mount it on the ceiling pointing the speaker downwards?

Your only other choice would be that angled corner. You can setup there and increase the speaker db on the setup.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us