PC -> Sony 30HS420 -=- Blank screen on powercycle?

Username: Liquidx

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Sony 30" HDTV (Model 30HS420), this is the first time I've setup an HDTV.. However I know alot about computers in general.

I've got a radeon 9800 pro in the computer, using a DVI->DVI cable with a DVI->HDMI adapter to connect it to the TV.

I've run into nothing but problems.. I've read numerous guides, forums about people with the same TV, etc.. But none really seem to have the problem I'm having.

I'm running the most recent catalyst drivers..
I get sparratic results when trying to set 720p (1280x720 at 60 Hz) through either the ATI control panel or through PowerStrip..
SOMETIMES they work, it sets the mode, and it seems like I could move on to solving the overscan/underscan problems that everyone has..

But no matter what success I have, simply turning off the TV, then turning it back on kills any of that progress..
If I turn off the TV, then turn it right back on I get a blank screen. Always.

Is this normal? I can't find anyone else saying anything about this.. But there's so much information out there I may have just missed it.

All the guides i've read about powerstrip (for adjusting overscan/underscan problems) say not to adjust anything with the TV hooked up, instead hook up a monitor and adjust with that first..
Well, I'm doing that, but since I turn off the TV to unhook the DVI, when I hook it back up it doesn't work..
So basically, every single adjustment I make I have to reboot the PC?

I don't quite understand =\

Also a second problem.. I've only recently been able to coax it into 1280x720p using powerstrip.. and it flickers pretty bad..
From what I've been reading flickering only really happens alot with interlaced modes? I checked the setup menu on my TV and it does indeed say it's progressive..
What are some other common causes of flickering?

Thank you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us