Kicking the Bose habit, need assistance

Username: Toddah

Post Number: 1
Ok so after 14 years of BOSE lifestyle 15 listening I am kicking the habit. I purchased an Onkyo 702 and I am looking at speaker systems to go with it. I have a Westinghouse 27" LCD TV and a Media Center 2005 box. I am limited by the wife loving the small form factor of the bose and about a 800 to 1K budget. I am looking a Klipsh, Boston Accoustic and Polk systems. Orb was a contender until I got sticker shock. can anyone give me some points one way or another as to what you would choose. my local Klipsh dealer has the speakers but on 2 occasions they could not demo them as they are waiting for the agent to come in ad setup the demo system. I cannot find POLK dealers local. I have heard the BA at a local dealer.
I have been torn by all the different models and specs. I suspect anything will sound better than my 14 year old BOSE stuff.

try this out
Unregistered guest
yamaha digital sound projector ysp-1 it sounds good and is wife friendly

Varit
Unregistered guest
What was the sticker shock w/ Orb? $999 gets you one of their best systems and about $800 gets you a double ball center and single ball surrounds. I've had the Orbs for a year and they are my single most favorite electronics purchase I've ever made, at any price.

go yamaha
Unregistered guest
they might sound ok but they look like a childs toy, not very impressive to look at

Son
Unregistered guest
go with polk or klipsh ther really good speakers. Polks are found at any Circuit City and Klipsh are found at Best Buy. They are both really really good speaker sets. I personally like Polk cause of the Silk dome tweeter over the Horn tweeter that Klipsh uses. Polk RM6800($849.99) or RM10($849.99) are awsome and you can usually find them cheaper or on sale in the store. your should still hav enough for the purchase of upgraded speaker wire and a subwoofer cable. Monster cable speaker wire XP series 17ga(100' is like $50 ussually) and the subwoofer cable(depending how long can range from $40-$100) ther totally worth it !!

Bronze Member
Username: N8d1

Baltimore

Post Number: 20
Don't waste your $ on Monster Cables. You can get high quality cables through PartsExpress.com and other vendors for a lot less. I picked up all of my cables (Dayton Audio) through them including a 25' subwoofer cable for $14.50 + s/h.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6207
partsexpress has some great selections. You can even make your own audio cables at a much better price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us