Surround sound for cable TV from "Home theatre in a box"

Username: Murtin

Post Number: 1
I have recently purchased a Panasonic Home Theatre-In-a-Box system with a DVD/ reciever, and I believe that I do not have the proper inputs to get surround sound from my tv and PS2 as well. I am considering buying another reciever with the proper inputs and conecting my speakers to the reciever and using the one that came with it as just a DVD Player. Is this feasable? and if so, can anyone suggest an afforable reciever that would have 2 optical inputs and one coaxial for digital audio? Also, is it possible to get surround sound for my tv using my current reciever? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4721
You cannot get surround sound from your TV unless the TV and the source signal is in surround format.
Check your cable company if they are broad casting in surround sound and check the cable box if you have an output for surround sound. It is not the fault of the receiver, if you do not have surround sound from your TV. It has the capability to decode a surround sound signal, ONLY if the signal is present to begin with.

Define affordable. It is better if you state a budget.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us