Connect TV and DVD to receiver

Username: Benndaman33

Post Number: 1
I have a HD cable box plugged into my HD tv and a DVD player plugged into my HD tv. Both work fine. However, I hooked up my cable box to my speaker reciever, which also works great for the cable, but since the HD box and DVD player are both wired independently through the TV, the DVD palyer still uses just the TV speakers. how can I get the DVD player to play through the speakers which are wired from the cable box?

Username: Benndaman33

Post Number: 2
please help me out here, I need this as soon as possible!

Username: Cbear

Evansville, IN USA

Post Number: 3
I'm new to this site and I'm a relative novice in all this; however, when I wired my system, I sent the progressive scan video lines from the DVD directly to the TV and wired the audio from the DVD directly to the DVD input on the receiver. That way you're using the TV as a video monitor and still getting the great sound from your speakers. (You won't get the sound from the DVD coming through your TV, but I didn't want it to anyway.) By the way, I wonder how long it takes to get an answer from the more experienced members - I'm needing help too with a question I asked today.

Unregistered guest
I have an older Samsung DVD-S222 and a new 26" ILO LCD TV. The DVD's play but there is only monochrome in color. Can you help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us