$2,500.00

Username: Edupagani

Pompano Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 4
If you were given $2,500.00 to set up a 7.1 system, what receiver and speakers would you buy? Forget about what you have. If you had to start over, what would you get?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4616
Outlaw Audio 1070 receiver with Axiom Epic Master 350.

Pompano Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 6
I had never heard of the Axiom's before, until I read your response and checked their site. The reviews look great. How do they stack up against similarly priced Klipsch? I also compared the Outlaw 1070 with Denon 3806. Denon has more features, but as far as sound quality are they that far apart?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4619
I will not pair the Klipsch with a Denon 3806. I have used a Denon 3806 with Klipsch RF-35 system and I did not like the way it played music and movies, as it was a bit on the bright side and I found it very difficult to listen for more than 20 to 30 minutes. I have had a few people make the same comments on the combination but of course, there are those who liked it.

The Outlaw Audio sounded better with the RF-35 and with a lot of other speakers like the Axiom m-80. I am currently using Outlaw Audio m-200 monoblocks with Sonus Faber.

Pompano Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 8
How about the Axiom - 80 with the Denon 3806? I keep mentioning the 3806 because it has some of the features I've been looking for, such as true multi-room, XM, self adjusting microphone, etc.
BTW, thanks for helping, Berny.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4621
The Axiom 80 series work better with the Denon 3806 than the Klipsch. But it is still a tad on the bright side, but who knows, maybe you'll like the sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us