DVD Recorder with 5.1 channel analog outputs

Manuel G.
Unregistered guest
I have a Yamaha receiver A/V RX595RDS, 7 years old, conected to a DVD Player throught 5.1 channel analog outputs. It works very well, but I am interested in buy a DVD recorder (better with hard disk) and I dont find a good one with this kind of outputs. My receiver dont have digital input (coax or optical). Someone can help me? Do you know any good recorder?

Username: Nm1977

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Panasonic DMR-E85H DVD recorder that I would like to hook up to a home theatre system. Does anyone know if this is possible and how do I do it?

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 634
Manuel,
Some time ago, DVD players with 5.1 analog outs were fairly common. Not so anymore, and DVD recorders with the same are probably non-existant. There could be stand-alone DD/DTS 5.1 digital to analog converters, but they're most likely more expensive than a moderately priced modern receiver with digital inputs and onboard DD/DTS decoders.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 635
Glynda,
If your home theatre system has an optical (Toslink) digital input, and a Dolby Digital 5.1 decoder, then all you have to do is connect the two. If it doesn't, then your problem is as bad as Manuel's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us