Gallo A'Diva v. Orb Audio

Username: Rlr267

Post Number: 2
Has anyone compared the Orb Audio Spheres with the Gallo A'Diva Ti spheres. Any recomendations for one other the other and if so, why?

I am placing this in a room where appearance is more important than sound (literally, the wife has to be happy about it or else), for that reason, I MUST use satelite speakers. However, the room is 22 X 22 feet with 10 foot ceilings., FYI, there is pecan (hard) wood picture frame paneling on the walls that makes this room virtually impossible to work with asthetically.

Orb offers an antique copper look that my wife likes, but Gallo offers antique bronze in the Micro or ceiling mounts for the A'Diva. So, both have something that will work.

Can anyone recommend Orb over the A'Diva speakers? Orbs are less expensive by a substantial chunk compaired to the A'Diva Ti series from Gallo although the price difference between Orb and the Gallo Micro is negligible.

Has anyone out there heard both?

FloridaSun
Unregistered guest
I've heard the Orbs (Mod1 & Mod2) and the Micro Ti and the A'Diva. Not sure if they were A'Diva Ti. In my opinion. the Orbs are a steal. I actually like all of these speakers. I think they are the cream of the crop in compact, stylish sub/sat systems. Overall, though, I give the nod to Orb because they sound as good or better and they are less expensive.

The differences were subtle, but noticeable in the satellites. The Mod1 definitely have a more open sound than the Micros, with very good detail and a big sound field. They also have a fuller sound that was more comparable to the A'Diva. Not huge, earth-shattering differences -- they all sounded very good to me -- but the Orbs just played to my preferences a little more. They were spooky good w/ DVD-A and SACD. One thing I noted was that all of these speakers are unusually loud for their size, with the Mod1 and Micro really making you scratch your head and wonder how it can play so loudly and clearly.

I also preferred the Orb sub, although I heard the TR-1 only from Gallo, not any of the more expensive subs. The Orb sub was smaller, more powerful, and not boomy at all (I though the TR-1 sounded boomy and a little loose). The Orb sub was much better for music than the TR-1 and about the same for home theater. Overall, the Orb system had a fully integrated sound whereas I could differentiate between the sub and sats w/ the TR-1.

I'd say save your $$ and go w/ Orb. They have a 30 day home trial like most online companies. FYI, the Mod1 was somewhere in between the Micro and A'Diva in size, closer to the Micro but definitely a little bigger.

Username: Milindks

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am new on this forum, actually I am in the same boat as Roy, finishing basement for home theater 22 X 22 X 10 .. and was thinking about Gallo's/ORB or Maggies (I am from minnesota). I am new to HT and wondering will this too small for 22 X 22 HT ?

Thanks,

Milind

FloridaSun
Unregistered guest
My room is a little bigger than that and the Orbs fill it quite well with a 5.1 People's Choice system. I started w/ the Mod1 system and it worked great, and my wife bought me the front 3 channel upgrade earlier this year as a present.

Username: Milindks

Post Number: 2
That will work out great then, May I know which receiver do you use or which one works better with ORB ?

Thanks,

Milind

FloridaSun
Unregistered guest
I have an Onkyo 602. It works great. My buddy has a Denon 3805 w/ the Orbs, also great, but a lot more $$.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us