5.1 Speaker Suggestions for Onkyo 703 Receiver

Username: Bobmik

Post Number: 1
I am setting up a home theater with a Panasonic 50" wall-mounted monitor as the centerpiece. The room is 18x13 and I just purchased Onkyo's 703 receiver. It offers 7.1 but I feel that this may be overkill for the room size, so I am looking for 5.1 arrangement. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4579
budget?

Post Number: 2
I would like to keep this under $1500 and want to go in-wall. If I can get 7.1 squeezed in that would be great, but 5.1 at a minimum of course.
I saw one of your other postings for Axiom. Nice looking speakers, and perfect for center and L/R presentations. However, I'd like to go flush with the rear sets. Any suggestions for the Axiom components, for the rear components, and for the subwoofer?

Unregistered guest
check out axion speakers, just got some. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 3
Well, that's great but I was looking for some suggestions here as well. I am planning to go with the W2 and W100 speakers for the front, but still am looking for some suggestions for the rear speakers. Those I want flush in the ceiling and wall. If anyone has suggestions for those items and a subwoofer it is appreciated.

Post Number: 4
Weird. I got an e-mail notification today from Berny's reply on December 25th. My budget target remains around 1500, and 800 is now consumed by the (3) Axiom speakers (center, left, and right). What remains is selection of a decent sub-woofer and the 4 speakers. I still want these items in-wall or in-ceiling. Any suggestions are appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us