Surround sound not working with tv

DiggerIU
Unregistered guest
Hello

Trying to hook up my JVC TH-C6 home theatre system with my DirecTV receiver and Sony tv. The front two speakers work with sound, but not the rear two.

Couple questions:

1- With these three components, what cables (red, white yellow) go from what component into what component? DirecTV support said NO red, white, yellow cables should go into their receiver for it to work correctly. Is this correct? I have the S video cord going from the DirecTV receiver into the tv.

2- On my JVC receiver, there is no "tv" mode like my Pioneer receiver downstairs. In order to have surround sound on tv with Pioneer, the "tv" mode is activated. So, what mode should JVC receiver be on to get surround sound for tv- VCR or DVD?

3- I read somewhere that tv must be on mute or audio must be turned off for surround sound to work. Is this correct in my case?

Thanks so much for any help. This is so frustrating for me. FYI- DirecTV customer support said my specific DirecTV receiver is capable of surround sound, so upgrading that box is not an issue.

Thanks again!

DiggerIU
Unregistered guest
More info:

Sony model # KV35V75
DirecTV receiver model # D-10
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us