Sub problems

Username: Nos482

Post Number: 1
Hi. I have a Pioneer vsx-515. The problem is with my sub. It has a low pass/RCA connection and a hi pass 4-wire connection. When connecting the high pass from two of the channels and i turn up the volume the receiver cuts out on 'overload'. the cable i use is about a 1.5mm. when connecting the low pass i have to use a splitter and normal RCA cables. this in turn makes my sub cut out at high volumes. is my receiver, sub or maybe my cable thickness the problem?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4465
Are you connecting the sub in addition to the speakers already connected to the speaker output?
Are you connecting in parallel or series when you use the speaker outputs?

Post Number: 2
Well, i have 7 outputs in total. 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers, 1 centre speaker and the remaining 2 outputs are connected to the sub when the high pass input is used. another question: should both the high and low pass inputs be used at the same time or is it one or the other?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4468
It is just one or the other. That unit should have a sub output or an LFE output. Use that instead.

Post Number: 3
Yes it has a single sub output that i use a splitter on and connect 2 RCAs to it. but the problem is that it cuts out the sub at higher volumes (around -23dB). the power/signal indication light on the sub turns from green to red. i have to lower the volume and switch the sub off and on again for it to work again. is this normal?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us