Archive through September 07, 2005

Unregistered guest
UNBELIEVABLE - just finished reading about some of the other stories here and found that they got me too, with a uhaul van, i suppose thats what i had coming to me.... i was on I476 in PA at the time - if there's somewhere i can go around here to get me my money back, please let me know

thanks

Unregistered guest
any one with info on where i can go or who to contact for a refund in california plz get back to me on this thanks paid 200 plus 20 for beer for the theater logic L6 home cinema system

Unregistered guest
any one with info on where i can go or who to contact for a refund in california plz get back to me on this thanks paid 200 plus 20 for beer for the theater logic L6 home cinema system

email me plz jrcmps1@yahoo.com

Anonymous

I got scammed in Haverford, Pa. Same story, I am an idiot. No doubt about it.

SLTTL
Unregistered guest
I got scammed in san antonio. I'm going to deal with this outside the law since the cops won't help. Word has spread, a lot of people know, and I will eventually run in to these guys again.

goviking
Unregistered guest
Glenwod Springs CO today- $400 for the "Theater Logic" home theater- I sure hope it works when I get it home....

Unregistered guest
I got hit up in San Antonio. The guys were driving a green 2003+ model year Green Expedition. Paid $220 for the surround sound system. I came home and found this site and became f&*king ill. The next day I drove up to Austin because the phone number on the reciept didn't work. Went to the address on the reciept and it was bogus. So I am getting ready to go home and stop at a gas station and low and behold I see the guy that sold the crap to me. I approach him and ask him if I could return the stuff and get my money back. He gave me a phone number to the office and says that they can help me. I ask him where the office is and he says just call the number and they can help you out. Of course the phone number just rings and rings and no one ever picks up. The number that he gave me is 512-292-4900. If anyone can help me track down these clowns, email me at konseet@yahoo.com . I am willing to make another drive up to austin to confront them.

Corona CA
Unregistered guest
Corona Ca here, Same story, nice ad though... I have bought in similar circumstances before and have had good results... Came back in from lunch did a web search and was introduced to you all... Well live and learn

P.S. anyone wanna buy a surround sound system?

Mud Princess
Unregistered guest
NO WAY!!! My boyfriend is still in the background telling me what a good deal I got! Point is I thought I was buying something else. I love speakers and know a thing or two about them and I had my doubts from the start, but my boyfriend was soooo sure they were more than worth it. In fact he's STILL running his mouth about how they're great. I only paid $200 for the KV1550 ti loudspeakers, but it's $200 more than I should have paid. They're gonna make some money over here tho. This is a richey town and people got plenty of money to blow. Grungy lookin' guy in a beat up white truck with a Sublime sticker on the cab window. He's supposed to call me tomorrow because we were gonna buy more till now. He's got another thing coming. This dude is getting set up to get F**KED up!!!!!!! Calabasas, CA 6/16/2005

Unregistered guest
Got scammed on the speakers in Pueblo, CO today $200 theater logic system. 2 guys in a white or gray tahoe Colorado plates. Does anyone have a lisence plate # or contact in colorado to return these? Same story about extra set

Anonymous

They got me in Dover, NJ. Bought the home theater system for 150. Any idead how much are they really worth?

Unregistered guest
Beware! got scammed in the Montgomery county PA!!!
paid $200 for theater logic T2400 speakers.
This is so stupid.. Haven't checked them out yet, But I know what to expect

Anonymous

Damn though I had a real good deal $600 down from $2000 for the Kv 1550 ti. Happened outside of Lancaster Pa, near the turnpike. Anyone got information on how to get my money back. mrhoover1@hotmail.com

Two guys and a girl in a white van said they were headed for Philly to drop off a shipment and had an extra pair. Magazine and all, even drove with me to the ATM
They need 3 people to drop off a shipment? I'm an idiot.

reality
Unregistered guest
this all makes me laugh! i see both sides of the story. first of all yea it sucks it's almost not right. but it is legit, the invoices are real, the speakers work, but the other side of the story is... YOU PEOPLE ARE WHAT NATURAL SELECTION SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN RID OF! IF YOU'RE DUMB ENOUGH TO BUY SOMETHING OFF THE STREET LIKE THAT AND DUMB ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THEM AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THEM THEN YOU FVCKING DESERVE IT. maybe you'll learn a good life lesson and grow the fvck up.

as for those of you that talk real big about doing something about this, did you? what happened? you prolly pushed over and didn't do squat!

look, you're not some innocent little kid that mommy and daddy have to still hold your hand when you cross the street ok? you got taken, deal with it, learn from it and move on. oh yea and for those of you dumb enough to buy this stuff off the street AND STILL FORGET TO GET THE DAMNED RECIEPT THEY PROMISE, YOU'RE JUST STUPID.

Username: Dustybutler

Carmichael, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
I'm wondering about the responses here regarding these "deals" and "scams".
These "salespeople" prey on the dishonesty of the people they approach by using a pitch that sounds unethical to begin with.
So I'm curious. What exactly is it you're feeling in the aftermath of your purchases? Guilt?
When you pay for an item in a retail store at a sickeningly inflated full retail price, you ALWAYS pay up to 800% mark up! A 20% off "sale" is still a great profit for the store. The only difference is that because a retailer makes you "feel" like you got a better price, you come away without Buyers'Remorse.
But in the way these guys make their sales, since it's performed with a dishonest tune to it, you come away feeling guilty because you 1) fell for the pitch 2) bought something you didn't need by getting caught up in the moment. 3)Wondered if it was legitimate. 4) Didn't get a warranty?
I have news for you. They didn't steal the speakers. They didn't have an order that was cancelled. They didn't do an installation that had leftover goods. They get the speakers every morning at a warehouse and in the spirit of the "Lost Boys" they compete in teams all over the city to sell the most speakers. The speakers wholesale for $80 and the warehouse gets $125 back out of each sale. Anything over that, the team splits up as their pay for the day. They make on average about $5 an hour. The stupid thing is, THEY FALL FOR THE PITCH THEY GET FROM THEIR MANAGER! Some of these guys stay with the company and move from city to city about every two to three months. The vans and trucks are rentals and they TRASH the vehicles and then return them only having to pay the deductibles. The management preys upon naive locals to work for the "old pros", promising them they "can" make a fortune selling speakers in this manner.
The management is sleazy, the pitch is sleazy and the majority of the guys who work in the vans are sleazy. However, if you only paid $200 for a pair of speakers, you did get a decent deal considering a retail store would have charges twice that price on "Sale".
If they were selling at a flea market would it make any difference? What about the crap that is hawked at county fairs? We EXPECT to be hit with a hard sell. If someone approaches you in a van, WHY would ANYONE allow themselves to even be approached by a bunch of guys in a van when people are disappearing left and right in the news stories you hear on a daily basis! You people should be slapping yourselves for being so naive and allowing yourselves to be in such a vulnerable situation to begin with!

speaker sam
Unregistered guest
i'm a traveling speaker salesman. there is nothing unethical about what i do. it pays the bills.....hell, it pays for a lot more than that! in a slow week, i'll pull in anywhere between 1,000 to 1,500. and thats a slow week. i usually can get about 300 average for the speakers, but just last week some fool...i mean a customer bought a set for $900!! u gotta know how to sell....i usually target guys driving mercedes, or bmw's....they got the money to throw around, so why not throw it my way! if a sucker falls for my rap, then all the better for me. hell, this job is letting me live better than ever! As for the sales pitch, the magazine ad is the key.....people will believe what they see in print, and when they see that the set retails for $2,500, they want it! most of you out there come on this site after you buy, and blast us salesmen....but most of you are motivated by the same thing that motivates us......money. how many of you bought the speakers cause you thought you'd be able to sell them on ebay, or to someone else for more than you paid.....how is that any different from what i do.....i'll tell you the difference.....the difference is that i walk away with your money, and you are stuck with some speakers that cost about $50!! oh well....see ya on the streets!!!!

Unregistered guest
OK fellow scammees- we all know we were stupid. Thanks to all the soapbox preachers who have affirmed our stupidity. I now have the coveted L6 home theater system on my living room floor. My question, having moved on past the obvious, is this: does it work? I'm having some difficulty figuring out the hookup, etc. Has anyone actually hooked it up and been satisfied with the results? Please email me if you have any answers. Thanks

Unregistered guest
Anyone know how to get the guys in Austin, TX? I've got plenty of nice big crazy lookin friends to try and help me get my money back. Two guys, back of a white SUV. North Austin, off of 620 at the car wash. Had the magazine and the packing slip.

samsobar@hotmail.com

Thanks.

duped in Dover
Unregistered guest
The Guys from PA are heading south, same white van, same license plate YKY4084. They got me today, june 24th near the dover airfoce base at at the burgerking. they got me for $260 for a pair of 2450L's. I near there and eat lunch there just about every day. Im not all that pissed, cuz they ran a good racket, but I'm gonna keep the speakers in my truck for a while and see if they return. I work for the federal government and have a concealed weapons permit. you best believe if I see them again that I will return their speakers and get a full refund!.

GetDoseAsses
Unregistered guest
Yea i saw those guys too in Washington PA, around last friday like 6pm in a white Theater Logic Van spitting the same game most of u guys have put.

taken in PA
Unregistered guest
I got taken here in Lancaster, PA last night around 6:30. Man am I pi$$ed. they pulled the switch on me. two guys in a white van. the short guy who looked like he had one too many cheeseburgers did all the talking. same rap....so after they offer to open the boxes so i can see what i'm getting, i agree on $250. the other guy says that he'll load them in my trunk while i pay the fat guy. he gives me a business card and says if there is any problems to call him and he will take care of it.

anyway, i get home and first thing i do is try to hook these things up to make sure that they work. i can't get any sound from any of the speakers, so i test the speaker and it's no good, same for all except one. i call this guy, and the number he gave me on the card is disconnected. i plan on driving all over to find these guys.....they knew exactly what they were doing.

Screwed in CO
Unregistered guest
i bought a pair of the Dahlton speakers today but two guys in a green minivan, one was a fat white guy and a hispanic looking dude, im here in denver, colorado, off 112th and federal. Sucks that people do this kind of stuff but its gullible people like us that keep those guys doing what they do.

norcal sucker
Unregistered guest
Yah, i got taken by the same ole story. Most of you are from PA or TX, but i only saw one other post from someone in NorCal like me. Oh well, I guess. i only paid 160 and i put them to the test this morning and they were kickin and clean. I mean, hey, if it works i dont really mind. But then again they didn't take me for nearly as much as a lot of you all. Thank Gawd i didn't have more money in my account!!!!!!

Username: Almosttaken

Well, all I can say is thank goodness for this forum... My husband just called saying a Theater Research TR-503 was selling for $250. Retail around $3000. I told him to hold on researched on the model and got this site. While he was on the phone asked him if there were two white males in a white van? "Yeah, how did you know"? Guys took off... They hitting South Jersey now so beware! Van has "American Audio Stereo" signs on the side. State police notified.

Unregistered guest
Just got scammed in Austin Texas near the UT campus. Two guys said they had extra inventory that had "already been paid for." He claimed that this Theater Logic T2400 set was worth 6,000, and even had a magazine. I got fucked and paid 450$ for them. Does anybody know anything I can do about this?

Anonymous

I just got the same scam in Aspen, CO. Two guys in an SUV, one named Zac Dieter. License plate 055LEY with Colorado plates. Same story about the extra pair of Theater Logic T2450 speakers from an installation job. They had the advertisment in the magazine retailing at $2800. I paid $300. Horse theives, both of them.

darkman
Unregistered guest
I got scammed Thursday evening in South Jersey. Same story, I paid $500 for the par. But my story has a happy ending.
I got home and went on internet to check these speakers, an got here at this forum. I had a recept, but for $200, because they told me that this way I will have a warranty, but it will look as if I am making payments each month 200 dollars.

Well on the recept there was adress and phone number of the company selling these speakers. I called the number never expecting anybody would answer, and yet the guy named John answered and was very polite. He told me to call him next day and he will return my money. I told him that I paid $ 500 and got recept for $ 200. He told me he would work something out.My wife was going to kill me, so I woke up early in the morning and drove to Philadelphia to the adress on the recept. I spoke to John and after he investigated the whole thing, he returned all of my money.
Thanks John, and to all of you who paid $ 200, I think that is prety much fer deal. Everything more is simply stilling.

Unregistered guest
Fort Collins, CO. White van, probably the same guys as earlier. I'm stuck with four 1500ti's. Believe it or not, they're better than my current speakers and I think I'll keep two.

I'd be completely at peace with myself (for screwing up like everyone else here) if it werent for the fact that the first speaker I opened was DOA... has anyone made a successful warranty claim without a reciept? If anyone has info for the Colorado guys, I'd appreciate an email.
-Jeff

Anonymous

7-5-05 Houston TX SCAMMED in Houston
(2) THX Logic TZ450 speakers for $100
claimed they were worth $2800. Made copy of one of their DL licinece, (DL19862907, Deer Park, TX Dustin Morgan). Called police and gave description as soon as I got the speakers thinking I would be doing a favor, but Police was not interested.
Two guys, greenish Expedition one called himself Christian and the other Dustin. Got receipt from Worldwide Audio in Austin, TX.

If police is not interested, anyone know how I can get my $$ back?

Anonymous

I just want to say thank you to all of you. I, like you all were tricked into buying speakers. I bought t2450's for 600. I paid for them with a check. Once I got home I googled the speakers to see their value and came upon this site. Which then informed of the scam. I was then able to stop payment on the check. One of the guys name is Chris and drives a car with plate 49L0617. I thank all of you for this information from the bottom of my heart

055LEY
Unregistered guest
My greed got the best of me too. But just like everybody else my pride was f%$&#ng with me. At first I wanted to get revenge but then I realized that would just bring me down to their level.

Our best bet is to saturate the country with mass emails giving up their scam. If everyone knows the scam these guys are out of business.

dumb a$$
Unregistered guest
Hey I bought three sets of these speakers for both me and a friend, outside the philadelphia area. I thought I was getting a good deal, but ended up losing $1060. Same story. "Darkman" from post above, could you provide the address in Philly where you went to get your money refunded. They took most of my summer earnings i had saved in the bank. real depressing. Anyone PLEASE post an address for these guys. Im just trying to recover whatever money I can. Thank you.

SELLSPEAKERSALLDAY
Unregistered guest
IM A SPEAKERMAN AND I JUST WANT TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU MY GIRL AND I LIVE IN A 4500 SQ FT HOUSE. I DRIVE AN ESCALADE AND SHE DRIVES A BENZ. THIS SH*T PAYS OUR BILLS AND LETS US LIVE. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER TEN YEARS. 5 YEARS IN THE SAME AREA. IF FIVE YEARS LATER I CAN STILL GO TO THE BANK OF AMERICA DOWN THE STREET FROM MY HOUSE AND MAKE $600 REAL QUICK AND PEOPLE ARE TOTALLY CLUELESS ABOUT THIS BUSINESS, I THINK I HAVE JOB SECURITY. WE DONT ALL SELL JUNK. MOST OF US SELL WORTHY PRODUCTS. YEA, THEY ARE NOT WORTH 2 GRAND OR NOTHING, BUT THEY ARE WORTH WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING YOU PAID FOR THEM. GET OVER IT! IT WILL NOT END. SPEAKERMAN HAVE TOO MUCH FUN AND MAKE TOO MUCH MONEY TO QUIT. IN TEN YEARS THE WORD HASN'T GOTTEN AROUND ENOUGH FOR US TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS, AS A MATTER OF FACT WE ARE BUSIER THAN WE EVER HAVE BEEN, AND MORE FAMOUS I MIGHT ADD. YOU ALL GET SCAMMED EVERYDAY WHEN YOU BUY A BOTTLE OF WATER FOR 1.29. SAME THING JUST ON THE STREET. SORRY IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOU SPEAKERS, BUT THINK WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THEM IF YOU HAD NEVER READ THIS WEBSITE. YOU WOULD NOT THINK YOU GOT SCAMMED AND YOUD PROBABLY BE STOKED. TO ALL THE SPEAKERMAN OUT THERE IT IS GREAT TO SEE ALL OF THESE POSTINGS FROM SO MANY CITIES! ALL OVER THE COUNTRY! KEEP SELLIN OUT.

Anonymous

I have one thing to say..."treat others as you wish to be treated." Have a nice day.

Anonymous

I have one thing to say..."treat others as you wish to be treated." Have a nice day.

Unregistered guest
Hey guys...Just to let u know...I was approached today in San Antonio,TX for the t-2400 Theater logic's...thought it was a good deal until i rushed home to read this forum...good thing i was close to home...anyway, it was a blue expedition or trail blazer...phone # i got if u guys want to do a set up...512-944-9386 Said they went to UT austin hope this helps

darkman
Unregistered guest
Man, I just came back here, and found out you asked me for address. I do not have a recept anymore, but will try to remember, and will let you know.

ano
Unregistered guest
yea, here in sacramento, cali same story, they were at my bank yada yada, got me for 420, speakers do sound good, but obviously not worth money, anyways,, im sure they have video survailence at my bank and hopefully i can find these guys and atleast get some money back. damn, i hate myself right now!

Unregistered guest
Same story most of you have.
I got it in Friendswood, TX. driving back from the walmart on 518. The guy (I think his name was Roman) said the Dahlton KV 1500 ti's were worth $1500 and the surround was worth like $1800. I only paid 260 but I doubt they're even worth that. If I ever find them again I'm definitely bustin out this bottle of mace (just so i can get them into my trunk). I'll see what I can get for them on Ebay

Davelaff
Unregistered guest
I'm impressed.

I kept it at $200. He pushed and pushed. and I wouldn't give him more that $200. Wholesale they're maybe worth $89. So I learned a HUGE lesson for $110 bucks. Pretty cheap considering I'm a different color than green now.

BeingOptimistic
Unregistered guest
I just bought a pair of the Theater Logic T2400's this afternoon in front of the Shop n Bag in Dresher PA. I was not happy to find this website when I came back to the office and do some research on the speakers. I have not tried them out yet, but don't care to now. Anyway, I got a receipt and I'm going to go visit the location tomorrow morning 7/15/05. Here's the address and phone number that was on the receipt.

875 Pennsylvania Blvd. Unit 8
Feasterville, PA 19053
Phone 215 357-4752 Fax 215 357-4753

I'll respond back tomorrow and let you know how things went on getting a refund. I'll be there at 7:30 am if anyone else wants to join me.

Username: Killthem

I got burned today as well..
same story white guy and mexican in front of a bank..not cool
showed me booklet with the prices all jacked up and then I see this page...good day
and I was gonna stay home too
well we need to get these guys bottom line..this is bullshit...there movin all over the place pullin thsi sh!t..
I got hit at mira mesa san diego
if any1 can help and get to the bottom of this please lets do it

Anonymous

They're in Grantsville maryland right now. I have called the cops...they wouldn't let my daughters boyfriend levae the bank parking lot...had him parked in trying to sell him speakers and stuff.

Anonymous

Md State police are on it...lets see what they do.

out $200 Sean
Unregistered guest
Just got took in the Safeway parking lot on Fair Oaks and Manzanita in Sacramento CA. Shoulda seen it was too good to be true. They wanted $600 but i only said i had $200. Magazine they showed me looked real, said MSRP $2,899. They were driving a new white durango. I want to get these guys back.

scam for 200
Unregistered guest
scam for 200 for a pair of T2400 here in Sacramento. I already hook them up and they do sound nice but I want my money back.

Anonymous

Philadelphia, Pa. The Roosevelt mall. Paid 230 for a pair of 2450's. Same thing yky4048 tags, white van. Two young guys under 25, one was fat. They've been around before to the area, I'll see them again...

Anonymous

ok im in lake Tahoe , nv/ ca they just got me for 200 for u t2400l speakers 200 bucks there in a black new durango and the one big guy one small big guy around his 30's and small guy around late teens early 20's tatoo on his inner right arm of some flame or something didnt see platets heading twards myers sacromento, what should i do?

billy in VA
Unregistered guest
i got hit yesterday afternoon in VA. Two guys in a white van. i got the tag so i will be forwarding it to the police. one guy stayed in the van the whole time, and the other guy kept referring to him as "my b!tch". He tried to get me to give him $500, sayin that they had an extra set, and their boss would take it home if they didn't unload it. He said that $250 each would be more than they made in a week, and that's why they were trying to sell the speakers.

I got him down to $300. I had just gotten paid, that's the only reason I had the cash on me....otherwise I would not have bought them!!! When I was giving him the cash, he said that he was gonna tell his partner that i only paid $250 and keep the extra $50 for his "hoe$". Then he says "yo b!tch, do your job and put the speakers in this guys truck!" (that's exactly what he said!!) the other guy loaded the speakers in my car, and never said a word. oh well, that was a $300 lesson learned.

Unregistered guest
Here's 2 guys trying the same scam on Sacramento's Craigslist under musical instruments. It includes their phone numbers too, why dont we all call them and tell them how we feel?

Speakers.... Theater Logic... Home Cinema .... model number T2400L . This is a brand new set of speakwer still in the box never used at all.
T2400 L is a set of 3 - way Speakers with 8 inch side- firing Subwoofers. ..3 way floor standing spearkers Tweeter 1 in. Titanium Ferrofluid.. Midrange 5.25 x 2 in. woofer is 8 in. 8 ohms.. 400 wattpwr. If your looking foir a great set of speakers here a great deal for you . AS I SAID THIS SET IS BRAND NEW. NEVER USE AT ALL.. AND THE PRICE IS 1/3 THE COST NEW. call duff at 916-331-3450 .or john at 916-532-2333. hurry don't wait this set will sell fast. call us . I don't check email while at work call us .

Anonymous

Hey guys i have the info on the Scam in AUSTIN, TX. I know the place they are at every morning to load the stuff to go try to sell and they come back in the evening around 6. I am tryign to get some people that have been scammed to get together to do something about this. Not violent but maybe like follow them around for an hour or so and tell every person the truth that they try to talk to. Email me at JoeyC1080@hotmail.com to get the info.

Daisy
Unregistered guest
I just got off the phone with my husband who told me he had just left the Lowes in Brick, NJ and bought a home theater system that listed at $1,800 for $300 from 2 guys in a white van that had some extras!! I ask him for the brand and checked it out on-line...that is when I found this website!! I called him right away & read some of these to him....he was like "oh well"!! I just laughed and asked him what his reaction would be if it were me who got scammed....I think I got one on him now!! I just told my brother what happend and he said it happed to him 2 years ago but was too embarresed to tell anyone because the speakers were S--T!!

joemhama
Unregistered guest
Just got burned today on the Theater Logic T2400L speakers, same story about the extra speakers in a white van outside a gas station in Canton OH, got me for 200. I feel disgusted with myself.

Got me 2
Unregistered guest
Got scammed at a rest stop on the NJ turnpike. Two guys...might be the same two from some of the other posts. One was short, fat, with a goatee. The other was a skinny kid who stayed in the van most of the time. Got me for $300, but then I stupidly gave them money for lunch and beer after they asked for it. Son of a......

Unregistered guest
well, I can join everyone that's been scammed. Something didnt seem right about the whole deal but the same thing happened as far as them not letting me leave until i agreed to buy them. I feel like such a shmuck. $300 for T2400s... 2 young white guys in a white full size cargo-van busted headlight and turn signal, i forget which side. Just wanted to check so see if i could find any info on the fukrs..... this just happend today in Greensburg, PA, they said they were headed towards Pittsburgh on route 30, so beware.

uhoh42
Unregistered guest
you people are all such whiney loosers. you all deserve far worse.

notbuyingoutofavan
Unregistered guest
Question: This is a scam, but what are the illegal aspects? Misrepresentation of a product? Fake brand names? A judge could definately judge in your favor on these, it's easy to see that they were misleading - but you have to get them to a judge first. It almost looks more like small claims court than a police issue.

Username: Speakermanfl

I once worked for one of these speaker scam places, for about a week back in 1992 in Florida. They advertised in the newspaper employment section. The scam is basically to prey on people's greed and dishonesty. The company gives its employees a van full of cheap speakers. At the end of the day, you give the speakers back, or pay $75 for each one you sold. Anything over the $75 is yours to keep. Basically you drive around and look for people in parking lots and get them to think you're an electronics company delivery team. But, oh wow, when the loading dock guys loaded your van this morning, they gave you an extra set of speakers! And since you're a poor hard working minimum wage slave, you decided to just sell the extra speaker off because nobody will ever know. Basically, you make people think they are buying stolen goods. The scam is dishonest, but then it's sort of hard to feel too much sympathy for the people who think they're buying stolen goods. A few times, we got pulled over by cops. We'd just show em the paperwork and business licenses and be on our way since everything's legal. The speakers were pretty crappy and while they sound decent, they usually won't last very long. I heard of one case where a speaker began smoking while the "salesman" (the people in this business refer to themselves as "speakermen") was in somebody's house doing a demo.

I think "what goes around comes around" applies to the people buying this stuff. If you hadn't gotten all excited about buying what you thought was STOLEN PROPERTY, you wouldn't have overpayed for a set of crappy speakers.

Anonymous

I can't believe what I'm reading. What an idiot I am. I just got hit in Bel Air, MD (of all places). I guess this means little Bel Air isn't so little anymore. I fell for it just like everyone else here. $300 for the Theater Logic T2450L speakers. What in the world was I thinking? Same M.O. as all the others; the van, the urgency, etc., etc. Said they were from Philly on their way to Baltimore... Oh, and he said I reminded him of his girlfriend's father (a dash of the personal touch. Nice, don't you think?)... I have to admit this guy was convincing: just the right degree of desperation in his voice to make you think everybody was making out like bandits. I guess that's what makes us do these stupid things: we all want, somehow, to be clever little bandits. Well, after my shock has now worn off, I just feel miserable. I hope the damn things work. I DID go to eBay. I think the plague gets more bids.

snowsurf
Unregistered guest
I just got scammed today in North Brunswick NJ. Two Fu***ing scumbags in the mcdonalds parking lot approached me and told me they were overstocked and had to get rid of them. I got the theater logic l6 home theatre and two of those big standing speakers for 100 and my surfboard. If i see them around i will fu***=g kill them so they better watch out. BEWARE

Anonymous

Got scammed on tuesday at a Chevron Gas Station in San Francisco for 247 dollars. I havent hooked them up but now I dont even want to.

qualified speakerman opportunity
Unregistered guest
Are you looking to get in to this business in an honest and legitimate way?

We furnish tax identification numbers, seller's permits, solicitation licenses, receipts, warranties, business cards, company shirts and vehicles.

We practice an honest pitch and sell a quality product at a fair price. No hype.

1st month: salary + commission + bonus.

Read our mission statement prior to responding.

Go to:
www.burckhards.com
contact@burckhards.com

smith121
Unregistered guest
I can't believe how many dumb azzes there are out there. Don't you know that you could have purchased the home warranty from these "speakermen" for an extra $20.00. I am in the wrong bussiness.

Username: Msb8384

Hey everyone just a notice, I heard of a white van in the northwest PA (Erie) area today, 3 guys selling T2450 speakers. Same stuff I'm seeing here. Wish I had more info. All I can offer is that they were in this area mid-afternoon.

Eastern PA
Unregistered guest
Hey, my friend today was in Coopersburg (a small town south of Allentown, PA) in the parking lot of Giant and he called me asking to look up these speakers to see if they were legit. I found this forum, and asked him if they were a white guy and a hispanic guy in a white van.
"Holy crap, how did you know?"
He went and found a cop and told him about it. I've yet to find out how it turned out, since this was just an hour ago. I'll post again if and when the story unfolds.

pa scam
Unregistered guest
got scammed today in western PA. New Castle Area. I See these guys here all the time. They were selling t2450 speakers and wanted beer money. I Will Get A Refund when I see them again!!!

Blanche
Unregistered guest
Hey i got hit in baton rouge, louisiana. Bought 2 Theatre Logic T 2400's for 200 bucks. They were in a minivan somewhat like a dodge caravan i think....im not to sure on the exact make but i do believe the van was maroon.

Happy in So. California
Unregistered guest
I JUST LOVE theTheatre Logic speakers I just got!!! I paid $300.00 for a set of speakers when similiar ones from the local 'B**T' BUY were going to cost me about $575.00. They SOUND GREAT - BETTER THAN THE DEMO ONES I HEARD! So there are still good deals out there and honest sales guys!!!

not so happy
Unregistered guest
I hope you ment that as a joke. Either that or you are retarded

topagae
Unregistered guest
Hey, we got scammed in San Rafael California. After many denials, they started shoving the speakers in the car, and we gave em 100$ Fake invoice, had a thing for beer. Though for tonight, they're staying in a lodge in Novato Ca. If someone wants to call the police or something.

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol ooooooo ahhhhhhhhhh oooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhh lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol LOVE THE BEER lololol

Username: Shoxiii

Got hit today in PB Gardens FL for $300, white Toyota Sienna, 2 guys in a Winn Dixie Plaza. Any other South FL guys who wanna do something about this lemme know.

FrankRice
Unregistered guest
Man, I picked up a set of these speakers and they were worth every penny. The speakers sound so clear, and they don't break up. My friend works in circuit city, and he said that these speakers are better than anything that they carry. These speakers are the real deal!!

Eastern PA
Unregistered guest
WTF.....alright....for that dude that got scammed ova in coopersberg, this was the same friken dude.....we wer ova at the pizzeria and as our car pulled out this white van stopped us talkin bout this great deal on these "extra" speakers. I seriously wanna know how the hell they got that fake ad in that magazine but they got us. Lucky for us we only payed $80 cause thats all we said we had. If theres anyone around the area that runs into these guys email at us mattball2001@hotmail.com. And for all those that are gonna be scammed in the future and run into this webpage, find those two quickly!

Fooled once
Unregistered guest
Add me to the list of dummys. Oh well, I've lived a long time and this is the first time I have ever been scammed. $300 for the lesson and if I see them again I'll rip their spines out...

"Fool me once, fool me twice...."

Anonymous

I got hit in Denver - in the parking lot of the King Soopers near Hampden and Sheridan. I have their license plate - I hope I can get some info on them and go kick their @ss. Anyone in Denver who gets ripped off - contact me. Samson@sprouseonline.com

The last time... No really!!
Unregistered guest
They have hit the San Fernando valley in Southern California. I got pegged at a lowe's loading stuff into my rather sweet lifted dodge, with the same m.o. and story. Tall lanky dude that had sasauge fingers and talked so fast it hurt to pay attention. He sealed the deal with a magazine ad. Got me for $220. I actually did the right thing and let the guy follow me to the bank. I thought about ditchin' him, but thats what I get for being a nice guy and "doing the right thing". He had more scams to do as there were another pair of what I just bought, and some wireless surround crap that I'm glad I didn't get. This Guy had a white older stye Bronco w/ black rims and a line-x spray-on liner. I got all that, but no plate. I feel retarded. The Bronco was the 4-wheeler kind with the removable tops. He said his name was Derek, phone # 650-704-6577. As for getting ripped off, I deceiced to use them as computer speakers, they don't sound too bad, but I'm not so thrilled about getting some brand that dosn't exsist. Just saw a pair on e-bay for 5 bucks. Now thats a great deal!!! If I see him again, I'm gonna act like I really liked 'em and want another pair. As he follows me to get the cash......, LATER MOTHER F**CKER!!! LETS SEE HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT PLAYING CATCH UP BI*CH!!! Well I hope you all have enjoyed this reality check and if you live in So. Cal. and see a Black Dodge tearin through town, do not be alarmed, just pull out in front of the vehicle chasing me. And as for the future, if you are ever approached again by a travling salesman you can say," get lost, the last time I bought sh*t off the street I got jipped, so go f**k yourself pal...", or take it and run, sooner or later they will stop scaming people 'cause everyone keeps taking off with thier sh*t!!

Anonymous

This scam has been around since the 1970s. I live in the Chicago area and remember it back in the 70's and they still drive in Chicago scaming the speakers. The way to get them is the state sales tax.

Unregistered guest
Well,...Paid $200 for a Home Theatre System. I was just excited to see an independent sub woofer with the compatible outlet for my JVC receiver. The speakers are definitely not 500 Watts altogether...but if you use the speakers correctly with a 300watt or less 5.1 surround sound receiver, you get decent results. The center speaker out performs my jensen and everything works. I'm sure I paid more than the system was worth. On the bright side...I didn't buy stolen goods and I didn't contribute to Japan or China's Economy. I mean c'mon "Dahlton"...gotta be manufactured in Texas somewhere. Sounds like a ranch name or something. Unfortunately I probably did just contribute to the sales guy's drug habit. I've seen shittier speakers for more. I'm going to continue to use them and laugh every time I tell the story about how I got them. Justin...Basin' in Greenville, North Khakilacki.

Anonymous

I got taken too. Good thing I paid with gift cards and I can cancle them, get my money back, an get a free set of crappy speakers. UP YOURS SCAMMERS.

speakerman response
Unregistered guest
That's the right attitude, Justin (jjc1109).
I've been selling audio on the street for 5 years strong and appreciate every level-headed customer, like yourself, that can appreciate the "humor" of the sale. I'm glad the goods are sounding allright for ya'.

www.burckhards.com

Unregistered guest
I got hit by two guys in a white van yesterday in Astoria,New York.One was white and the other was hispanic. At first they seemed suspicious, but then they had me believe that the system , MTS 3100 Home theater System, is worth $2995 by showing me the HDTV magazine..which in fact was forged. Well..they used the same story and i was stupid enough to buy it in the first place. At first they asked me for $800. Finally they came down to $350.In fact, before i bought the system, i had my friend search on the google to see if it really worth the money. Well..again, they have a phoney website and he also fell for it and advised me to get the system...worst case scenario, i could sell it on the ebay and get my money back. Well..it was too late by the time i came across this forum. I cant thank enough you guys for your comments.Fortunately, i asked him for his phone number and he was nice enough to give me his cell number. Btw, they also handed me a receipt having a fake distributor's name and no-longer-in-service phone number. So, I immediately called the white guy, John, on his cell phone. YOU SHOULD NOT BE RUDE WITH THEM. I was very polite and told him that i understerstood what he does to pay his bills. So, i again, very politely, said that i'm working my way thru school and asked him to refund my money. So, fortunately, the next morning he picked up the system and returned my every penny.I would say, it was very nice of him to at least have that sense of moral.

socalbeachdude
Unregistered guest
tustin ranch ca last week for 200 sold today for 250 a piece, not to bad considering i did what i had planed and resold them for more than i had paid. My friend is stoked and i have to agree that they sound good for the price: what else matters at that point? Give them a try before you go and get all p'd off. I f you want good speakers and think you can pay less than 2g's a piece then you are all nuts. You should go check out your local high end home audio dealer and peak at some magna pans or klipsh then get a clue when you realize that thoes $6g pair of speakers are the bottom of the line and they just keep getting more expensive till you reach about $120g a piece. Want cheap sh-t then bust target circuit city, good guys, or even welfare*mart(wal-mart for all of thoes loyal customers) No offence meant by any of this but give em a try before ya pull this pitty party or tough guy/mommy and daddy are liars (Lawyers) and they still cant do jack routine!!

FRANKKELLY
Unregistered guest
HEY THE TRIED TO SCAM ME IN HOUSTON TODAY.... I DID GET THERE PHONE # SO CALL THEM BACK AND HARASS THE SHITT OUT OF THEM 832.221.5835

coreywpbfla
Unregistered guest
im an idiot... live in west palm beach FLA... 3 dudes in a black expididition came up to me with this stupid crap and me being the retard that i am i ended up paying 200 for them .... the guy who approached me was about 50 yrs old ... anybody know what their actual retail is???

Ashamed
Unregistered guest
My husband got scammed in Harvey, La. two days ago. He was approached in a parking lot by two men in an Suburban trying to sell Theater Logic T2400 speakers. They showed him an invoice and a magazine for HDTV claiming the speakers go for 3k easy. My husband paid $250.00, same type of story, too many speakers didnt want to return them to the shop, they also followed him to the ATM for the cash. Beware, they are in the New Orleans metro area now.

Joe Tr
Unregistered guest
I almost got f'd today too. I was sooo proud of my purchase. Now everyone's laughin' their a**es off at me. I concur with the guy that wants to rip their spines out. I'll take care of their balls. Look out Cleveland! But, the last laugh's on them. I paid by check and already stopped payment. In my opinion, they're pretty nice speakers for $25.

FloridaGar
Unregistered guest
Joe Tr,
I heard that the bank wouldn't let you stop the check...so you really did get F'd today. Did you get kissed? I heard it is a scam aimed at Italions. Hope you catch them?

gonna get u
Unregistered guest
man, i got duped into buying a set of the 2400 speakers from a guy named steve in a white cargo van. i paid the guy $800 in cash. when i found out what they were really worth, man was i pissed. i called up the guy on the number he gave me, and he answered the phone. i told him i wanted my money back....you know what he says...go f yourself. i know where the warehouse this guy sells out of is, so i'm gonna go down there and get my money back.

white van windshield - $400

4 new van tires - $250

paint job to cover key marks - $150

watching the expression on "steve's face when he finds the van.....priceless!!

stEAVE GOT YOUR MONEY LOL
Unregistered guest
tHE LOOK ON YOUR FACE WHEN YOU DROP THE SOAP!
dONT WORRY WE KNOW SOMEONE THAT WORKS FOR YOUR CELL CO. ENTER # GET ADDRESS PAY GUY AT PHONE CO. priCELESS. CUSOON

stEAVE GOT YOUR MONEY LOL
Unregistered guest
sory forgot to youse the spell chehk. i am such a dumass...i have to remebre when skool starts to be moore karful. dont mind me, im an idiott.

gonna get u
Unregistered guest
lol...what an jackazz. did u have fun trying to use your van this weekend, how'd that work out for ya!

TRIPLE SET
Unregistered guest
I LOVE THIS. HOW FAMOUS WE SPEAKER GUYS ARE , IN AN 'UNDERGROUND' WAY. EVERYONE THAT THINKS THEY ARE GONNA GET US, ITS NOT HAPPENING. WE ARE SMARTER, AND HAVE ALOT MORE MONEY THAN YOU GUYS. WE HAVE THE SPEAKER GODS LOOKIN OUT. WE GOT THE SPEAKER LUCK, AND ROCKSTAR PARKING DONT HURT. IF YOU BREAK OUR VAN, WILL BUY ANOTHER WITH----GUESS, YOURE HARD EARNED MONEY. SO IF YOURE COOL YOULL GET HOOKED UP. IF YOU GOT A CRAPPY PAIR, THAN MAYBE YOU DID SOMETHING TO SOMEBODY AND IT CAME BACK ON YA. NOTHING HAPPENS TO US EXCEPT COMPANY DINNERS. ONE THING THAT SUCKS FOR US THOUGH IS IT GETS OLD HAVEING STEAK AND LOBSTER EVRY DAY.......S.T.F.O.

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
For those in California - Penal Code Section 537e prohibits persons from removing the serial numbers from sound equipment. The "registration" cards and similar paperwork that come with some of these speakers and systems have a spot for a serial number, so one can presume that if there is no serial number on the product, it has been removed. This is a misdemeanor. Persons found in possession of items with serial numbers removed are presumed by case law to be the ones who removed them.

An exception is made if the number is removed by the manufacturer or distributor as part of an established business practice. No court would consider the removal of serial numbers on brand new consumer electronics prior to sale an established business practice.

As of the date of this post, two individuals, one of which apparently looks like Steve Austin, are hitting the area around USC in Los Angeles in an older white or beige van. I would encourage them to move on. In the event they are found, I will ensure that they are arrested on this charge. Due to the flawed judicial system, it may or may not stick, but it will be a huge pain to have a vanload of speakers impounded as evidence, won't it? Heck, I'll even give a shot to impounding the van, since it seems to be instrumental to the crime.

I am no doubt preaching to the choir here, but don't buy anything from the back of a van. Not consumer electronics, not food, not anything. It never seems to be a good purchase. And if it's stolen, and you reasonably knew, you have committed a felony.

Since I cannot find any other mention of this system on a google search, these individuals are selling Kirsch Loud Speaker K3 audio systems and Theater Logic tower speakers.

-Your friendly neighborhood patrolman

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3550
Wow... this speaker business is really taking off

Anonymous

Sounds like it's a nationwide scam, where the "managers" are supposed to hire the same crews, a hispanic and a white guy in a small SUV. That's my guess. Anyways, don't want to set these things up in my living room. Will feel stupid everytime i look at them. Don't think people were looking to purchase stolen goods. Just thought these were salesmen with extra supply. If you're looking for a good deal, doesn't mean you think something is stolen, just because you didn't buy it in a store. Anyways, may give them to goodwill or something, and just let it go.

Golden Colorado Buyer
Unregistered guest
Yep, Golden, CO - Blue SUV with FL plates. $300 for a set of Theater Logic T2400D's. I'm hoping they sound decent. They look nice. I think I'll quit being naive when I die. I'd rather trust human nature and get taken than run around paranoid, distrusting everyone I meet.

Anonymous

Centenial, Co the two guys came up to me as i was pumping gas. Gave em $140 so i dont feel real bad still havent heard them.........

Speakerman101
Unregistered guest
www.burckhards.com
The ultimate street hustle.

Anybody with their own brain out there?
Unregistered guest
Speakerman and all the rest of the people (or maybe its just a few people making hundreds of posts) that make most of the posts here are actually trying to sell speakers at RETAIL and are bummed because when they tried to sell speakers on the street...they FAILED and they are jealous that some guys don't have to work the 9 to 5 and don't have to charge customers for overhead!!!! The speakers being sold under all of these different brand names are the same speakers and components going into the speakers selling at Best Buy, Circuit City.....etc. If you believe all the garbage printed here has actually happened to real people...get real and get another think coming!!!! These sites about the 'White Vans' are a marketing tool for RETAIL businesses! Do you ever read or hear about ANY arrests, locally in your own newspapers or on radio or ANY arrests nationwide??? If even 2% of what I've seen printed here was real and these guys didn't have business licenses, etc., we would have heard about some arrests!!! They post license plate numbers here and everything!!! Think!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us