Any interactive sites for wiring my HT the best way?

Username: Highgear

CT. #1

Post Number: 6
I'm pulling my hair out with my new TV and HD Sat.box. The Pro LogicII light comes on along with PCM. I can't get the Dolby Digital to work.
The components are; Onkyo HT-R500 receiver W/2 optical inputs and component. Panasonic TH-42PX5OU plasma TV W/ HDMI,component and optical. Direct TV HD sat box (mod.H20) W/ HDMI, optical and component. JVC HR-XVC33U DVD/VHS player W/component and optical.

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

Burnsville, MN USA

Post Number: 174
Upload

http://63.148.251.135/redirect_service.cfm?type=own_manuals&file=HT-R500_E_C.pdf

Plug the video into the tv. Plug the audio into the reciever.

CT. #1

Post Number: 7
Should I run optical or the digital coaxial from the DVD and set-top box to the A/V receiver? I just want to get the 5.1 running again but not have my wife jumping through hoops having to worry about switching from OPT. 1 or 2 when changing from TV to DVD. Should I toss the HDMI since it has audio that may override the Video 1,2and 3? Does this make sense?

CT. #1

Post Number: 8
It's fixed! The guys from PC. Richards had it wired wrong. I just needed to pick up a digital coaxial cable to run from the DVD to the A/V receiver. I'm in 5.1 now. It sounded great last night while watching Kingdom of Heaven. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us