Someone please help indeed i am a idiot

Unregistered guest
i have a 32" sharp model number 32c240 in my bedroom and i am purchasing a 800 watt samsung dvd home theater system. but what scares me is as i am looking at the specs for the television it says "variable audio output - No". does this mean that i cannot connect my surround sound to the television and/or cable. is there anyway around this? otherwise this would really piss me off

i'd be much greatful for the help

Bronze Member
Username: Turbodog

Post Number: 64
I looked at the manual here:
ftp://extra.abtelectronics.com/PDF_Files/32c240_operation.pdf

I saw no provision for an audio out connection from the TV to an external receiver or HTIB unit.

If you have a separate cable box, you might be able to get audio from that to the surround unit.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4434
"Variable audio output" means that the audio output to an external receiver or amplifier can be controlled by the TV's volume control, nothing more than that.

However, your TV will not be capable of producing surround sound, you need a receiver that is capable of producing surround sound and a source that is coded or surround sound.

You said that you are purchasing a Home Theater system. The surround sound will come from that and not the TV.

Follow this link and learn more about surround sound before you get pissy about your TV:-)

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_1_1/v1n1snd.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us