HT Sub help

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 188
Hey guys i just decided to build a home theatre sub willy nilly,and when i was finished i realised that i could use it in so many different positions,and i don't have the patience to try all the positions and listen to it in every different position,so i was wondering if any of u know which would sound better.

like have it upside down and have the sub firing downward,or have the port firing downward and sub facing a corner or what.

i also realised that when i close the port the bass sounds so much clearer and when open it just sounds blurry like blaarararrroooommmmmm rather than boom boom.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Username: Jackasper

Olympia, Washington Usa

Post Number: 5
what r the sizes of the box and port? it looks like the box is a bit large for that (sub)woofer.
what size is the speaker? is there a port in there or just a hole? if there is no port tube then that is partly the reason for the hollow sound. ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
ya i added the port,sub's 5 1/4",port dia.2",box is about .3cuft,

sounds descent enough,but is there a position that it will sound louder/better in

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 106
Your not going to get much bass from that, as it's too small. As for the port, do you have anything inside to dampen the sound inside the box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
actually the bass i can hear throughout my whole house...i dont have any dampening material,what effect does that have?.....why would you say that i wont get much bass when in fact its very loud ad clear enough.......and the sub is only 15 watts!!!

Silver Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 109
Have you tried running test tones or a freq sweep to see what sort of volume your getting at like 30hz, 40hz, 50hz, 60hz,..

It removes ringing you get from the inside of the box. You need to move air to get good bass, and you arn't going to be able to do that with such a small driver and small box.

My guess your getting high bass like around 70-140hz or so.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
i ran the tones im getting loudest @ like 40 and 80 but thats good enough for me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us