XBOX360 and new tv-what to buy???? help

Username: Malier

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 1
Hey guys
CAn somebody/anybody suggest the best gaming tv for a xbox 360 would like to have a few things like
I'm looking for a TV that is...
-Flat screen
-HDTV compatible
-28"+
-wide screen
-and other features your experience tells me I should look out for (progressive scan?)

Can you offer any advice as which TV model I you think I may like? Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4392
What is your budget?

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
well of course I would like to do it on the cheap-but that is not a realistic option--haahahahah---so say under 1200.00??

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 223
When you say "flat screen," do you mean any display that has a flat screen, including tube sets, or a "flat panel" display like plasma or LCD?

If you're willing to get a 16x9 HDTV tube (CRT) set, then you may be able to score a great deal for the size that you want. Besides, CRTs also offer superior contrast and color fidelity compared to any other display technology right now. I'd recommend Sony Trinitron, although you may also make safe bets on Panasonic and Toshiba 16x9 tube sets. - Reinhart

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
thanks guys I appreciate the feedback--I would prefer a actual flatpanel display--I have been reading about the sets with dlp, lots of good reviews about the newer ones...also read the older ones have a resolution/lag problem with games....Anbody have any ideas on a Flatpanel????

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 4
help!!

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 252
It depends on what you want.

Since you wanted flat panel, your option is either plasma or direct view LCD. There may be other technologies out in the horizon for flat panel displays, like organic EL, light emitting polymer, and LED. But, they are a ways away from being made into practical products at this time.

DLP is a projection set so it's not flat panel. And, there are alternatives to DLP as well, such as rear projection LCD, SXRD, and LCOS. - Reinhart

Username: Sizey

Liverpool, England England

Post Number: 1
hi, i was wondering, if anyone could help me, i bought this surround sound for my 360

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/electronics/B0006BAVEI
and i bought this television
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5290176/Trail/C%24cip%3D28956.S ound%2Band%2Bvision%3EC%24cip%3D29029.Televisions%3EC%24cip%3D29030.LCD%2Bflat%2 Bpanel%2Btelevisions.htm

are they compatible? please please help me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us