Help - component video to receiver/tv ?

Username: Ed_tv

Post Number: 1
I'm planning to hook up my new plasma tv to my existing home theater setup but my receiver has no component video connections. Do I need to upgrade my receiver or can I directly connect component video from the dvdplayer to the tv; and connect only the digital audio from the dvd to the receiver. Any advantages/ disadvantages to that?
thanks

barty
Unregistered guest
Actually, that's the preferred method that you mention (Going direct from dvd to plasma). It's a direct connection that requires less cables and less opportunity for signal loss.
The only disadvantage is that when you change video sources you have to click a button on the TV and the receiver, rather than just the receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Turbodog

Post Number: 59
You can do that. The only downside is that when you switch from DVD to some other source (sat, cable, etc) you have to switch inputs separately on your TV and on your receiver. Of course, a programmable remote can do all of it with one button push if you feel a need to simplify operation. In general, the most direct connection will give the best PQ, so 'direct to TV' might be better in that respect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us