Bose speakers with Panasonic receiver?

Username: Vorbius

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if somebody can advice me on the following:
I have a pair of Bose speakers 201 V. I want to start building a 5.1 home theater system with Bose speakers and a Panasonic SA-XR55k receiver. I do not intend to spend a lot of money on this system and besides it goes to my bedroom which is about 17'x12'(I have roomates and we don't really hang out in the living room much). I read great reviews from users on his receiver! Supposedly the best you can buy for the money and I don't want to spend more than $250 bucks on it, so it fits in my budget well. I was thinking to add more Bose speakers but:
1. Will this receiver match well with those speakers? (I don't want to buy Bose receiver, too much money).
2. Which speakers should I add? I was thinking 301 Vs or 161s and the center speaker VCS-10. I also have a JBL PS10 sub to go with it. Which ones should I get?
I know what a lot of you will say: "Man, forget Bose, it's crap, no highs no lows, must be BOSE!". Well I am not an audiophile, I don't listen to music all the time, I listen to all kind of music and I happpen to like them. So unless this combination is not going to work for some reason I intend to build my system by buing more of them. I know they are not cheap but I got mine slightly used in excellent shape for half price and I intend to buy other ones the same way, no hurry.
So, if anyone would like to share their opinion on this, I would be most grateful.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 494
I think you already have stated the opinions of most people around here about Bose. So there is no need for opionios. Go buy another used pair and a center channel to match. Look into craigslist.com. I'm always seeing people selling used Bose speakers, at least around Chicago area.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us