Need some help here

Username: Stang_crazy

Columbus, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 4
OK for starters i got the RCA RTD160 200W home theater system.

well i tried hooking the tv up to it so i can get sound through the theater system but no go.

the tv has video & audio in.

the reciever/dvd player has 1 video in, and then 2 auxilary that only have audio in. it also has s video and component video out???

so i wanna set it up so i can hear the tv through the HTS speakers. I also want to add my ps2 to it so when i play that it comes through the HTS speakers also.

ive tried everything i can think of even got an adapter so i can hook more components up.

can anyone help or is there no way to do it with what i got?

anonymity
Unregistered guest
I faced a similar problem with a home theatre with only one set of inputs. in your case, you have two, so this shouldn't be a problem.

plug your ps2 into the audio/video inputs on your receiver/dvd player. the dvd unit should hav an aux or av in setting, which will then play your ps2 games in dolby prologic 2 (if supported. also, i don't think any ps2 games have digital 5.1 or dts decoding, please correct me if i'm wrong...regardless, you would need an optical connection)

next run a set of audio rca cables from your tv's
audio out ports, into the other set of audio inputs on the back of your receiver. if your tv doesn't have RCA audio out jacks, you can check to see if it has a headphone jack. if it does, buy a headphone to RCA wire(i don't know the correct terminology for this part). then run this from the headphone jack into the receiver. if there are more than one set of inputs on the receiver, you should be able to switch the sound from your tv and ps2 independently

hope this helps

Columbus, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 6
well sorta but here is some pics of what i got.

TV 1) audio in & 1) video in

the home entertainment system 1) video, 1) S-video, 2 aux which each auxilary is jsut a set of audio inputs. it also has composants video output.

Columbus, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 7
heres the pics. The yellow pulg in the tv is for the video for the ps2. the red and white in the back of the reciever is the audio for hte ps2.

the yellow coing out of the reciver is hooked to a a/v seector so i could have it hooked to the tv along with the ps2.

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us