Monster Power?

Anonymous

Need advice. Is the Monster Power Home Theater PowerCenter HTS1000 a good idea for a new HDTV, Surround Sound set up? "Clean Power". I am told it improves the sound and picture as well as added protection in surge events. Yea or Nay.

jaybo
Unregistered guest
I say get it. I noticed enhanced picture quality and sound. A little expensive but with the added protection against surge it makes sense.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 483
Not at all. Don't waste your money. That whole thing is hogwash in terms of increasing sound quality.

Username: Head_shot

Visalia, CA

Post Number: 6
Also consider other brands: Panamax, Belkin's Pure AV, APC.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 964
yeah. i gotta agree with stof.

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

MN USA

Post Number: 114
good idea. look at the "dirty power" thread. but if you wanna gamble with your purchase that's your business. hate to see you make an HOI claim and raise your rate for something silly like that.

Username: Ws6mike

Pennsylvania

Post Number: 3
I am very familiar with the Monster power as well as the Belkin PureAV power consoles. I use a Belkin myself, and I can honestly say that it DID help my picture and sound quality. Well worth the investment IMHO...especially if it is to protect a fairly expensive HDTV and HT system.

Joe In sacramento
Unregistered guest
call your local power provider. ie pge or smud
they are held to very strict standards. we use no such device on $100,000 cnc equipment becuase PGE say we do not need it. I believe it is hog wash.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us