Help... Dolby troubles.

Username: Roidhormel

Post Number: 4
I have a 50 in. Rca Scenium dlp ... a panasonic s97s dvd player... and an Rca digital surround home theatre. & digital cable.

I used to run my home theatre through a coaxial cable from my dvd player and it was great. It always recognized the dolby sound and was bad asssss.
Now I run my S97S to the television with the HDMI cable. Works fine. I connect the tv to the home theater with an optical cable.

So now, my movies play in surround but it does not recognize the DOLBY... it offers me the generica sound set ups (church, arena, concert) and it used to default to the DOLBY settings when a movie was playing (it makes all the difference in the world).

I can't figure it out. I have rechecked the manual numerous times and have set it up according to manual.

Any ideas???

Silver Member
Username: Shantao

Homewood, IL USA

Post Number: 129
If the receiver is offering those options, it is not getting the dolby "flag" from the dvd. That means the tv is not passing that signal through.

Check in the TV manual to see if you must enable SP/DIF out on that optical out jack. That should solve the problem. If it does not, then connect the receiver using the optical out from the dvd player.

Silver Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 101
Yeah, your TV is not outputting 5.1 signals. Not sure why you want sound to go through your TV...one more source, one more chance to pollute the sound...If I were you, I'd just connect the DVD optical to the surround system...why did you remove it in the first place :-)?

Username: Roidhormel

Post Number: 5
Well, I need the dvd player to route through the HDMI so I get the best upscaling???right? I have the set up different or changed because I have a new dvd player and neww tv (dlp scenium).

My dvd player offers the PCM or bit stream for output and I set the tv to sent pcm signal through that output (optical).

sp/dif ? I can find no reference to this in the dvd player or tv. I am at a loss.

Username: Aaron69

Post Number: 1
hi, i have a jvc reciever, and surround speakers, but i cant use my digital sound, all i get is analog, i dunno how to make digital work>?> some one help please
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us