New DVD Player Old Amp - Audio hookup

Username: Ojivar

Post Number: 1
Hey all
This is probably a stupid question but as I can find no other info I thought I would give it a try here.

I have a Sony STR-DE375 Amp which has 5.1 Analogue inputs but no digital coax/optical inputs. Its a perfectly good amp and has no problems.
However my DVD player is starting to die on me, I've had it 5 years so its had a good run!

Problem I have now is all the DVD players I find that I like ONLY have digital outputs for sound and no 5.1, so my question is:
is there any way for me to convert the digital output from the player into 6 analgoue inputs for the amp?
I really can't afford a new amp and as there is nothing wrong with the one I have I am loathed to anyway.
I want a player that has multi-formats (divx, xvid, dvd-r, dvd+r etc etc..) and these all seem to require digital sound outputs.
Many thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4291
Check out this DVD player from Pioneer DV-588A-S. It has 5.1 analog outputs so you can still connect it to your Sony.

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 146
Another option is to try and find a used outboard decoder.

But, Berny's suggestion to buy a player with 5.1 analogue outputs is likely to be a cheaper alternative. - Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us