Setting up Sony Speakers Question....newb

Username: Jrwolf

Post Number: 1
I just bought the Sony HT6900DP . I have NEVER seen these speaker wire hookups before (on the receiver) where you twist them loose, and then insert the wire end, and then tighten.

Am i missing something here. I hooked it up for the 1st time last night, and only 1 speaker is getting sound (another is getting soft sound). And the rest are getting NO sound.

Is it my setup? Do i need to program the speakers or something? Am i connecting them incorrectly? Are the wire tips supposed to go into something paticular on behind the twisty plastic piece???

helpo helpo :-)

here is a pic of the setup

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7120082&type=product&productCatego ryId=pcmcat40200050002&id=1109234042827

you can click on the "view more pictures" and "alternate picture" to see them.

Username: Jrwolf

Post Number: 2
oh...and how do i get my email address off the main "thread page". that sucks!

Username: Ohboy

Post Number: 5
On the back of the receiver they wire connectors have to unscrewed until you see daylight between the screw and base of connector. Insert your wire(which will be sideways) into this hole , then screw your connector back in. Please note that when the wire is in correctly, it will slide into the back of connector very easy and does not have to be forced. In your box there should of been a peice of paper (not your manual) al by itself which tells you how to connect them correctly. Also make sure that the correct wire you plug into the back of receiver for negative is the same on the speaker, Ie black stripe or the speaker will not work. hope this helps

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1809
Use edit profile at the upper left to change your information.

Username: Ohboy

Post Number: 6
On the back of the receiver the wire connectors have to be unscrewed until you see daylight between the screw and base of connector. Insert your wire(which will be sideways) into this hole , then screw your connector back in. Please note that when the wire is in correctly, it will slide into the back of connector very easy and does not have to be forced. In your Home theatre box there should of been a peice of paper (not your manual) all by itself which tells you how to connect them correctly. Also make sure that the wire you plug into the back of receiver for negative is the same on the speaker, for example: wire with black stripe connected to the negative side of or the speaker will not work. hope this helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us