Paradigm 100's or Totem Acoustic Hawk's

Anonymous

I'm getting new speakers for my entertainment system and was wondering what a lot of you guys thought about the Paradigm 100's vs the Totem's Hawks. They are comparable in price. I'll be getting the rest of the same company center and rears also w/ the loudspeakers. I'll also be getting a new good receiver to drive those. Opinion please. Thanks

Anonymous

help

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 464
both are equally great speakers, so it will be a matter of preference. Do you have an idea of the receiver you will be using?

John G
Unregistered guest
I have paradigm products and they are powered by my denon avr-3803. I have never looked back from buying them. Great products, only draw back is they take about 100 hours of solid use to break them in (Sometimes more or less) Great stuff though

shizzy
Unregistered guest
I own both Paradigm and Totem Acoustic speakers. The Totem speakers are in another league and are way better than the Paradigms, period.

Anonymous

I have been auditioning many different amps and speakers. I settled on the MF 3.2 integrated and CD player. I now need to purchase the speakers. I really enjoyed the Totem speakers I have been listening to (Hawk and Forest)- I was wondering if any of you have other recommendations. The room is 12'x22'x8'. I will need to purchase cables as well. Thanks.

Ans: Try Monitor Audio Silver series, especially F6. You may like it better in a bit lower price tag for F6 than Totem hawk. F8 may be in the similar price-range with Hawk. Totem has a bit thinner sound than Monitor Audio. The image specificity is x-cellent in Monitor audio speakers.

Unregistered guest
I had a similar question. How would you all compare a pair of Totem Mites to a pair of Paradigm Reference Studio 20's?

I have heard the Mites and really enjoyed them. At the same time though I have read great things about the Studio 20's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us