Home Speaker System and Home Theater Advise

Username: Klammer

Post Number: 1
I have bought a new house and have a few technical needs some advise on.

The house has six (6) pairs of speakers throughout the house. They are in:

1) Kitchen
2) Living Room
3) Family Room
4) Dining Room
5) Master Bedroom
6) Deck

I need some suggestions on how to tie these together. I do not know specifically what make and model the speakers are. The goal would be to either have one audio feed (Radio, CD/MP3, Television, etc) for all areas or to allow various choices for each pair. Right now each pair has a wall panel in each room which controls only on/off and volume with one knob.

The second challenge is in the media room in the basement. There are 5 speakers already installed (Three in the front wall and two in the ceiling behind). Again I do not know the make or model of these. I have DISH TV and wish to get their HD-DVR (Model 942) receiver for this room. I want to watch on this TV in Hi-Def. and make full use of the 5 speaker set up.

So for the Media Room I need a Plasma TV and Receiver recommendation. Ideally this would be able to tie into the speakers throughout the house for events like the Super Bowl.

Thoughts and Suggestions? I don't have a budget right now but I am thinking of 3000-5000 for the plasma, 500-2000 for the receiver and 500-1500 for the devise to tie the speakers all together.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dragonbtrfly
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony SAW 500 SAVA home theatre sorruond sound system. I just moved and cannot get it to work now. Can anyoen help me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us