ANy way to hook dvd player up to cruise TV with these outlets

Bronze Member
Username: Dotbowels

Post Number: 11
We want to take a small DVD Player with us the TV we want to hook into has "audio video jacks in the back(yellow and white plugs, but no red one) with another white for outgoing audio.

Is there anyway to accomplish it without having to buy and RF Modulator?? At home i plug an audio & video cord into the appropriate place on my TV which has A/V jacks/outlets THANKS

"We were on Glory last week and according to pic of Conquests tv it's the same as ours was. The tv has audio video jacks in the back(yellow and white plugs, but no red one) with another white for outgoing audio. However when we tried to hook up our portable dvd player to it (which worked at the hotel), it didn't work on this tv. I know they were plugged in right, since we use this dvd player on trips. good luck!"

Bronze Member
Username: Turbodog

Post Number: 34
Should work, assuming your DVD has matching yellow, white (and red) output jacks. You can plug in only the white (and get only one channel of the audio) or buy a "Y" adapter and connect both red and white to it, then connect it into the white jack on the TV. Make sure you have selected the 'line' input on your TV.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
The TV On the Ship has:
The tv has audio video jacks in the back(yellow and white plugs, but no red one) with another white for outgoing audio

The cords that I have:
Yellow & black on one end
Yellow, red, and white on the other end

Unit I want to use to watch has following jacks, plugs, outlets, or whatever theyre called:
Video
S Video
Audio

Will i be able to connect to the ships TV? If so what connects to what? Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Meant to says unit I am out putting from

Sorry I dont know lingo -appreciate help

Dorothy

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 73
Dorothy..I'd do what Nick Rolan suggest. It appears that the ship TV only has one audio input (which means mono-sound). You would want to connect the yellow to yellow (video), and then the white to white and ignore the red. The best is to get a Y adaptor to merge the red and white together. The cord you have with just one black may have a builtin Y adaptor. Make sure you set the correct input to the TV. Some TV has a tiny switch hidden somewhere that switch between TV to AUX. It won't work until you find this switch either on the TV or on the TV remote.

With your cord, you'd want to connect the yellow, red and white to the DVD's output. Then connect the yellow to TV yellow and the black to the TV white.

There might be an off chance that the ship TV does not use NTSC -- the American TV format, then US type DVD won't work. But I'm willing to bet you didn't set the TV to the correct setting.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Someone sent me this picture from ship where TV is looks like one audio one video. What would my connection be if this is same TV as I'll have?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/281906952nsHthd#

Thanks

Bronze Member

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 75
You already got your answers :-). You should show us your connection cord.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Here's cord picture (click link below or cut & paste)I think I'm getting there sorry for the redundancy. With the cord I have & the jacks on the back of the TV what do i plug to what & can it be done without an adapter? Thanks Dorothy

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=3AbtGjlm4YuMg

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Cut & pate exactly as is dont add anything before or after should work. Thanks again

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=3AbtGjlm4YuMg

Bronze Member

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 76
Dorothy,
Your cord is what I thought. It combines the red and white audio into one. My previous instructions apply.

You connect the yellow, red, white end of the cord to the DVD output yellow,red and white respectively. The black end goes into the TV audio in. The yellow next to the black goes into the TV video in.

The most important part is to find the switch on the TV to switch the TV mode into the one that displays the audio/video in. My guess is that it's labeled AUX but it could be something else.

If I were you on a cruise I'd be partying and getting drunk...I don't think I'd be watching DVDs :-). But that's just me. Have fun.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Dorthy is from Kansas she is old fashioned. Thanks for everyone's help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us