Flat Screen AND Front Projector (same components)?

Username: Demfourlife

Post Number: 3
I am building a dedicated home theater in my house (coverted 14 x 10 Terrace). Is it possible to place a Plasma or LCD behind the screen of my InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 DLP Home Theater Projector?

I would do so to not burn the bulb out when I am not watching a movie (maybe just local news, etc.) Anyone done this? I figure if I born out a bulb it's about $300. For $1,000 - $1,300 I can get a 42" EDTV or maybe even a LCD HDTV for a bit more. I would hide the flat screen behind the monitor when it was not in use. Otherwise, the screen would be up and I would watch it.

Is there a way to conect both the Flat Screen and the FP to the same receiver and speakers, Directv, etc. In other words, can I use the same hardware and speakers for both TVs.

Am I living in a dream worl or am I on to something here? Please help me you spotters out there. Thanks again!...and again...and again!

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 40
Since you are going to need to move the screen to watch the other TV, you could just get a manual switcher. When you move the screen up or down just hit the switch to switch between what you want to use.

Another thought is that if you arn't going to be watching anything but standard def tv on the small tv you could just split a composite cable to go to that tv. Or maybe just have the small tv receive only a composite cable. Then let the projector take the s-video and component video cables.

Unregistered guest
I asked pretty much the same thing two days ago and never received an answer.

I'm in the exact same situation. I could not find anything like a Y component cable, but after doing some research, an option I came across is to use a switch like the AVT-5842 Component Video Routing Switcher available at http://www.avtoolbox.com/avt5842.shtml

Best of luck!

Username: Demfourlife

Post Number: 5
Thank you Tony!

Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 8
I would get components that carry hdmi and component connections. You can use the hdmi with switch or use hdmi for the projector and a component input for the lcd panel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us