Out of synch TV

Username: Groundhog

Post Number: 2
Since I installed my SKY surround system,I have noticed that the sound,while very good,is no longer in synch with the TV picture.It is only a millisec. or so,but if I don't turn the TV sound down,there is an eerie echo.Any ideas,anybody?Thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 67
Check your receiver manual for a sound delay setting. Many receivers have this so you can adjust the mis-timing between picture and sound.

Downpatrick,N.Ireland

Post Number: 3
Thanx for replying,Hank.However I've since noticed that it's only TV thats affected.DVDs are OK,so I'm presuming it's a connection problem.Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 68
I doubt it's a connection problem. Apparently your TV (probably a HDTV) requires a bit more processing to display the picture while the audio goes straight through. Either that or your SKY system contains a delay in audio. The bottom line is they don't match. Luckily your problem is easily solved by just listening to one audio source. When the lips don't sync with the voice, that's when something need to be done

Even though I don't have a sync problem, I don't listen to sounds from TV. It ruins the quality of the audio overall imho.

Downpatrick,N.Ireland

Post Number: 4
Point taken,Hank.Unfortunately,it's the surround sound that doesn't match.I don't think it's anything to do with the delay setting as this would affect DVDs as well.It's ironic that the name on the system,SKY,is the same logo as SKY Digital,the satellite company.It's a pity they don't match.
I'll keep you posted.Thanx for your input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us