Easy coax cable question

Bronze Member
Username: Griffin_andrews

Post Number: 31
All,
In antcipation of new DTV HDTV receiver / tivo unit....what type of coax should I run from the media center I've built...to the outside of the house? I believe there have been several recommendations in the past...type of coax (ie RG5 or something like that?)

GA

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6150

RG6

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6164

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/interconnects/quadshieldcabl es.php

Username: Den327

Post Number: 1
RG-6 Quad Shield would be best

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6299

Obviously not, Dennis. Read the link I provided. The better quality of construction is preferred over what a cable claims on paper.

Bronze Member
Username: Griffin_andrews

Post Number: 38
Jan / Dennis
Thanks for the responses. I pulled three runs of RG6 and a phone line Friday afternoon in anticipation of Saturday AM DTV upgrade. I used my small LG HD set during setup as my other stuff is still boxed untill I finish carpentry on media center later this week. Everything came out beautiful...outstanding picture.

GA

One note for you DTV users: I researched TIVO Community and other forums before calling DTV about the HD upgrade. Beacuse I've been with them since 1998, they bent AS* over backwards to keep me with their service. I got a GREAT deal by talking with their customer retention folks. If you're interested, shoot me an email and I'll tell you what I got / how I got it. It could be a good savings for you too!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us