Choice of Subwoofer

Sub-Zero
Unregistered guest
I would like to seek help on which subwoofer to buy. I have 2 in mind i.e B&W ASW675 and JBL Northridge E250P. B&W ASW675 is a 5 star sub and it is 10" with 500 watts. The JBL E250P comes with a 12" and 250 watts. Can you guys out there please help me. I am using Yamaha RXV2400, B&W 603S3 (Main), B&W LCR60 (Centre) and Quad 11L (rear). Many thanks.

pyle reseller
Unregistered guest
In my humble knowledge it goes like the bigger the better .... (in SUBwoofer mater) had a 15" pyle and never found that bone crushing feeling in any other subwoofer, just listen 2 it or feel it !?

Bronze Member
Username: Feot

Texas USA

Post Number: 27
Oh yes, bigger is better...what a pyle of crap. You have a home theater environment I assume by looking at your setup, so "crushing bones" isn't exactly what you're aiming to do, righ? With the two you've listed, the B&W would be a far better choice for your setup. The JBL may be too overpowering (or may crush some of your bones).

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 640
have you listened to both of them? It is all a matter of personal preference at this point. a 10" sub will sound much different from a 12" even from the same brand. One not necessarily better than the other. There is always a compromise, i.e. a 10" would sound tighter and respond to rapid changes in the sound signal, a 12" would sound louder and fuller but is prone to slower responses on rapid low frequency signals, due to its inherently larger cone mass (it just can't go back and forth fast enough).
listen to them both and pick out what sound you like.
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us