No Audio Out from TV

Username: Fishnejt

Post Number: 1
I have a new pioneer surround system that I got for a gift. I have the DVD player working throught the system, but I am stuck on the TV.

The TV only has 3 plugs one coax, one video in, one audio in. Since there is NO AUDIO OUT is there a way to run the TV through the surround sound?

Thanks in advance for the help.
-J

Bronze Member
Username: Turbodog

Post Number: 12
No, but you can accomplish the same thing by buying a HiFi VCR (they go for well under $100 nowadays). Route the cable or antenna into the VCR, and use the audio output from the VCR. You use the VCR tuner to change channels, and your TV stays on channel 3 (or 4). I am assuming you use the video input on your TV for the DVD player.
HTH

Username: Fishnejt

Post Number: 2
Forgive my lack of knowledge of sound systems.

Can this be done with an RF modulator that has audio out jacks? And then feed the audio out jacks to the receiver on the surround sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 49
Where would you connect the RF modulator to? I think your most practical solution is doing what Rick Nolan recommends. Get a VCR with a tuner. Either that or get a newer TV :-).

Bronze Member
Username: Turbodog

Post Number: 16
I am obviously not familiar with every modulator on the market. However, every one I've seen has audio/video INPUTS and an RF OUTPUT. Typically these are used to connect newer components (DVD especially) to an older TV with only a antenna/cable input. So, without knowing more about your modulator, I'd have to say: no, won't work. BUT I could very well be wrong.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us