New Dell 2405 FPW, single-link DVI-D with ATI A-I-W 9000

Username: Martie

Post Number: 1
I'm having trouble with the single link DVI-D cable that came with my new Dell 2405 FPW. I have the ATI All-in-Wonder 9000, which is DVI-I, but that shouldn't cause problems. When I watch TV, after a while the screen goes blank (audio still comes through) and I'm forced to reboot. I've got the latest drivers loaded and it's set to the optimal resolution for the LCD: 1920 X 1200. ATI support hasn't given me much help yet. Should I buy/try a dual link DVI-D cable or get another video card and motherboard?

morley krupt
Unregistered guest
could be an overheating problem, make sure your computer is well ventilated.

Username: Sd_surfer_boy

Post Number: 1
I have the same problem with the Dell 2405FPW and the ATI AIW 9000. It not the heat. Once you put it into 1920x1200 the screen goes black after a while. I installed some driver updates off of Dell's website and got it to the point (a safer one) where it just wouldn't go beyond 1600x1200 because any higher resolution would cause the screen to go black immediately - and the selection would time out and revert to the original resolution.
Just got the 2405FPW last night so I am still working on this. The ATI AIW 9000 claims to support this resolution.

Username: Sd_surfer_boy

Post Number: 2
Problem resolved. The latest version of the ATI Radeon AIW device drivers fixed this problem. I thought I had installed them but when I checked there was a problem with the install. In order to install ATI new drivers you must first install .NET Framework 2.0 and THEN install the drivers. The ATI Radeon 9000 AIW does support 1920x1200 as advertised.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us