Pro Logic vs 5.1 through Cox Cable Explorer 2200

Username: Meadandale

Post Number: 1
I have Cox digital cable in San Diego. I recently connected the digital audio out on my set top box to my Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver.

While I know that I can't get digital audio of any kind from the analog channels (I had to also hook up standard L/R analog cables to the receiver to receive sound for the analog channels), I figured that I'd be able to get DD 5.1 from the EOD movies.

Well, last night, I ordered a movie from EOD but the receiver was only showing Pro Logic, NOT Dolby Digital 5.1. The receiver claims that it WAS receiving Dolby Digital input signal but the decoding was claiming pro logic and I wasn't getting 5.1 sound. I WAS getting digital input but it appears to only be DD 2.0 which is why it was decoding as pro logic.

Am I screwed or is there a way to get DD 5.1 from EOD channels? Does Cox actually offer this? Do I need a different cable box?

I was really hoping that I'd be able to get at least SOMETHING in surround sound with my upgrade to digital cable but if they aren't even offering EOD content in DD 5.1 what would they actually be offering in 5.1?

I'd appreciate any help from anyone who's familiar with Cox or the Explorer 2200.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us