Competely new system around Audio Physic speakers?

Username: Lakewa

EssenGermany

Post Number: 1
Hi all!
I am moving and want to get going on a home theatre setup. There are *only* two pieces of equipment that I already have:
1) Audio Physic "Avanti" speakers (used for VERY good price)
2) DLP Projector from NEC (same)
I love to listen to vocal music, therefore want to step up to SACD. I am thinking of getting the following additional pieces:
1) Yamaha RX-V2500 as amp
2) Sony DVP-NC685V (or following model in Europe)
3) JLB Control One speakers (two as rear, one as center)
4) Some subwoofer, don't know yet...
I am wondering:
Will that setup satisfy my rather High End speakers?
Will it perform well on CD audio, which is my first concern, movies with surround are only the second.
Thank you,
Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 352
If I am seeing this right, you have two giant speakers and you want to match them with bookshelf type speakers in the middle and rear. I would not advise that, at least not the middle speaker. You want to get something that matches those giant speakers. Something difinitly bigger, but I don't have a recommendation myself. Perhaps someone else can.

I would recommend something higher than a V2500. If you can afford either a Denon 4805 or a Marantz 9400 or seperates. I hope you room is big enough for all this sound.

As for a subwoofer I think most people here will point you to a HSU either a VTF or STF-2 or 3. These are certainly the best bargain for as much fidelity as they produce.

Pick another DVD player other than Sony. Go either with Denon or Marantz. These Sony's all have quality control issues as seems the entire company going through massive changes and inability to focus.

Username: Lakewa

EssenGermany

Post Number: 2
Thank you, Stof!
I thought, I might have already had a budget setup that would work... Since I only just began to look around in terms of Home Cinema, it looks like I need to tackle that learning curve. :-)
I will inform you about any plans! (just in case...)
Regards,
Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us