Some random questions.

Username: Mrsadman

Post Number: 1
I'm used to mini component systems, and I just switched to an amp/eq/speakers system.
Current setup is:
Technics SU-8080 Stereo Integrated Amp
JBL LX-55 200 watts 3-way speakers

I was thinking of buying Bose 201 Series 120 watts speakers to put behind to produce a more present and complete sound, but I'm not sure if my amp can handle it since I haven't really fiddled with that. I'd use both at the same time, connected to the amp, using the main+remote speaker config. Would it be bad for the amp ? (I heard it would..)
If not, are the bose 201 series good speakers ?
And I'm not sure what bridging means. If someone could explain me, I'd be grateful.

Thanks a lot :-)

Username: Mrsadman

Post Number: 2
Another thing, my amp tends to get a little hot after prolonged listening to music (I leave it powered for 10+ hours listening to random music from my computer doing other things) Is my amp the problem ? If so, how could I solve it besides buying a new one ? If I want to buy a new amp, which brands and models should I look for ?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 355
No Bose speaker is good for their price. You can get much better deal on a lot of other brands. Try Orb, Definitiv, M&K, Axiom, Ascend. Some people on this forum have tried and rave about Ling's from Alegria Audio at http://www.us.alegriaaudio.com/

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us