What I am supposed to hear through rear speakers

Username: Reuben

Tweed Heads South, New South Wales Australia

Post Number: 1
Recently purchased Panasonic 5.1 surround. Front 3 speakers work fantastic but I'm not convinced any sound is coming from the side two. They are positioned to the side,level with seating and about 6' from ground. What am I supposed to hear and do I only hear it on dvd movies. Grateful for any help.

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 15
You won't hear sound coming from the surrond speakers all the time, a few scenes will have 5.1 sound like big action sequences where stuff is happening all around the camera. For the most part, with dialogue and non-action packed scenes you won't necessarily get sound through all 5 speakers.

Unregistered guest
Can anyone out there please tell me the right and proper way to hook up a 5.1 Centrios Surround Sound System to a 35 inch Sanyo T.V, so I can have good surround sound????

Username: Shane_meister

London

Post Number: 3
hmmm maybe thats the same thing that ive been having and i dont even know it...

Username: Paul98

Post Number: 9
If you are just using the defaults for the source. You are generally not going to get much if anything out of the surrounds on anything but DVD's. CDs, radio, and stuff like that is only 2 channel. DVD is going to be 5.1, but the back channels are only for things that are supposed to sound like they are behind or on your side. So there usually isn't much going to them.

Now your receiver might have DSP, and settings like 5 channel stereo, or many other settings that will take the 2 channel source and mix it into all 5 channels.

mike564343
Unregistered guest
Hey i have the centrios speakers as well... how do you set it up to get all the speakers to work from a cd player? it says it supports 2-channel, but how?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us