Need help with Denon Avr-3803 and Klipsch RF series Speakers

Username: Blodg8

San Francisco, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Hi,

i recently bought this Denon 3803 and the Klipsch Package speakers. The RF25 Front, RC25 Center, RS25 Surround, and RW10 (10") sub. Somehow, the sounds seem to be missing, What I meant is that the higher frequency is not producing its loud enough or its seem to not producing at its optimum. Also, is it normal that when watching movies with Dolby Prologic II/DTS Cinema, I have to turn the volume up to -14 or -12 to actually here the affects. Also, when listening to the Dialogue, it is pretty soft. My connection and wiring are all from Monster so that should not be the problem. Could it be that the Denon is not giving enough watts to the speakers? Do I need to have the amp and equalizer? please help, whoever has a Denon, please help thanks Email me at blodg8_1@yahoo.com willing to discuss this with you.

John G
Unregistered guest
I am having a similar problem with my Denon 3803. When I play music it is loud as can be but during a DVD I have to turn it up way too much. Sometimes I get a humming sound and I am not sure what this is from could it be my connection from tv to receiver or the fact that my CC is too close to my TV? Any help would be great

notorious av guy
Unregistered guest
MV & JG: look into using dynamic range compression. First, I would try increasing it on the DVD alone. JG: If it's not a lose connector that is the cause of your humming, then a ground loop isolator will most likely solve it.

If your investing into equipment like the 3803, perhaps you dudes should invest in an installer to match, hehehe. The 3803 is a fine unit.

pwrdragon
Unregistered guest
I would suggest that you go to Radio Shack and purchase a Low Cost analog SPL meter for $39.99 and calibrate your system from your seating area. This will allow you to optimize your sound for your room. Klipsch is an extremely efficient speaker system, which means it does not require a large amount of output. The Denon is also known to have a low gain pre-amp section which will decrease distortion levels, however at the same time requires you to turn the level extremely high to get any output.

nwash
Unregistered guest
Hi everybody.
I need to know what speakers(floors-tending) would best suit my 3803, my options: Jamo E-855 or E-670 and Boston acoustic CR105, anything better/similar? For music and movies.

Thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 25
MV;
the 3803 is a nice box, most capable. As are your klipsch's which are very efficient and do not need a lot of power to output lots of sound.

a couple of things.....

as av guy suggests, check what the compression is set on your DVD player. Turn it OFF if it is on.

Second, I would make sure that you have not wired your speakers out of phase. Make sure the same sides of the cable are wired + (or red) to red and - (black) to black, etc. IF you have them out of phase, it will sound thin, weak and like you cannot get volume.

Hope that helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us