Axiom 5.1 Speakers Set-Up Help

Username: Johnharris

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I am going to be using a 5.1 Axiom speaker set-up in my basement. We are at the framing stage and my contractor wanted to know where to run the speaker wire. I am located in Canada and thought buying 12 gauge speaker wires from Home Depot would suffice. My question, where should I place my speakers? My TV will be in the centre of a 17 feet long wall. The viewing distance from my 60 inch LCD will be 13-14 feet. The height of my ceiling is 8 feet.

Someone I know suggested that the front and rear speaker should be no more than 9 feet apart. I marked this out but it looks like the speakers are too close together for the size of the room. I will be using Axiom M50 fronts and Axiom QS4 rears. I presume the center channel can go on top of the TV? How high should the rear speakers be placed? Is 9 feet apart too short a distance? Any other advice?

Any suggestions on where to put the speakers these speakers would be appreciated.

John

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 340
Dude you are going to ROCK that basement based on the specs you have given here. I only have 3 M3ti speakers (plus 2 smaller BA in the rear) and it is plenty for my living room which by the spec that you have given is bigger than your basement.

Place it in a surround environment (corners and center) in any way that will make it aesthetically pleasing to you or makes sense and you should fill this basement with more sound than you can imagine.

The 12 guage wire from HD should be plenty. I'm using a 14 and it's still great

What is your receiver?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us