Speaker Placement, Room diagram included

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I moved my home theather into my room the other day and want to place the speakers on the walls. Before I start drilling the walls and run the wires in the attic I would like some suggestions on speaker placement. I have 4 Definitive Tech ProMonitor 100's and a Defiinitive Tech C2 Center. My new Pioneer VSX-915 is a 7.1 but I am going to use 5.1. Heres a diagram of my room. Any Help would greatly be appreciated. THANKS!!!!!!!

The room diagram is attached.

The Note on the picture says: There is enough room to mount speakers between the ceiling and (door frame/window frame/ closet frame). But placement around the desk hutch will probably block sound.

[IMG]http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=43278[/IMG]

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 330

You don't have a lot of room to work with. I would say put your front speakers on a tall speaker stand (one next to your desk and another between the bed and the dresser) and the center speaker on top of the TV (if it is magnentically shielded). Then mount the two rear speakers halfway up the wall one between the door and the closet and the other above the bed in that corner wall pointing to your seating area.

This way you only need to run long speaker wires to the back speakers and only drill the wall for those two.

Hope you don't have kids that can knock the speakers off of the stands

Rob4226
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the reply. I currently have speaker stands for all the speakers but they are in the way and cluttler the room to much. This is what I was thinking. Place the 2 fronts equal distance from the tv which would put 1 above the window frame(The wall mounts have swivels so i will point them to the listener). And place the 2 rears on the side walls almost in the corner pointing to the listening postion. This would place one on top of the closet frame. What do you think of this? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 334
Ideally you would want to have the speaker at ear level. If they clutter up the space then put it where it works for you. It's a small room and those definitive speakers should fill up the room with sound

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2560
Before you go and drill holes in your walls and run wires in the attic, I'd suggest you get your parents permission to do so in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us