Bose Acoustimass 5 SUB help plz

Username: Ping1050

Post Number: 2
hey, I have the bose acoustimass 5 speaker setup. I recently moved the system into my new house. Ever since i moved the system, i am getting hardly any bass from the subwoofer. I wire the speakers through the sub and they work, but the sub hardly hits at all. even when i put on a hip hop song and put my ear up to the box, all i hear is a slightly muffled sound. Help please. I have triple checked all wires and have tried adjusting the bass and treble control and got no love. Is this something that I should take into get serviced or can i troubleshoot on my own? Thanks...

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 328
Is the current setup in a bigger room than what you had before?

I'm not surprised about lack of bass. That acoustimass 5 has very small subwoofer. Chances are you didn't notice it before because it was a smaller room.

Bronze Member
Username: Divin11112000

Michigan

Post Number: 49
buy an additional sub, my uncle has a bose system and he added a velodyne ch10 for the low end. You won't get a quality bass from the little immitation sub. Also put the sub in the corner that should help you out a bit.

If your bent on using the "sub" from bose then make sure that you have the lfe turned off and set your speakers to large since all the sound goes to that "sub" it will divert the signals that the speakers can handle.

good luck
chris

Shoal
Unregistered guest
It's not a sub, it's a bass module. Even Bose does not call it a sub, ever, because it can never reach sub frequencies. Bottoms out at 47hz I believe.

If you want a sub you're going to have to buy a "sub".

Bronze Member
Username: Mango_joe

Orlando, Florida Usa

Post Number: 22
put it in the corner dont listen to these idiots

Username: Paul98

Post Number: 5
Actually these "idiots" are correct, the bose module isn't a sub as it can't go low enough to be called one. Also since the module has to produce sound at higher hz ranges, you can tell where the bass is coming from.

If you want the bass you were getting before from your bose equipment. You need to try a couple different placements for the module. They can sound very loud or very weak depending on placement.

Now if you want a sub that goes low and has power, and musicality, you need to buy a real sub. HSU and SVS make some amazing subs, and they arn't expensive for what you get.

Username: Nammysu

Post Number: 4
I have that same Bose bass MODULE. I'm using this is a smaller room... and in my main rooms, I have much larger systems for me to compare to. The Bose module really sucks for bass. For me, I don't have the space for a sub, so as stated before, placement is your only hope. I have placed mine all over, and of course, the corner works best.

Although my room is small, I still had some echoes. Sound deadending and absorbing helped out a good deal. You said this is in a new house... do you have your curtains and furniture in and set up?

Bronze Member
Username: Mango_joe

Orlando, Florida Usa

Post Number: 33
i told you the corner works best for bose its not rocket science
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us