Tv and Receiver problems.. plese help..

Bronze Member
Username: Bp11139

Post Number: 20
Ok, So I just got my new 50' Samsung rear projection tv. (HL-R5067W). Extremely happy with it, got for a great price. Also MY home theater system is the Onkyo HT-S770, which I'm sure most people are framiliar with or heard of. Anyways, I'm setting up my new tv and the problem is of a few things.

1. I'm trying to go S-video from my receiver OUT into my S-video IN from the tv. When I do that I do not get any signal from my receiver to my tv. Yet when I have the S-video cord go from my tv directly to my dvd player, the screen pops up.

Now what I really dont get is when I dont use the S-video and then use the just plain video cord from my tv to my receiver then I get a signal and everything is fine. Problem is, until I get the component cord or whatever (the best video cord I heard), I'd like to use the S-video b/ I know its supposed to have better quality than a regular rca video cord. Is there something on my receiver I need to change or a button to push to switch it so perhaps the s-video option will work? If anyone could help... thanks.

Last, hooking up my tv to my surround sound. I dont have the digital cable with the hdtv stuff yet. I will next week sometime when they come to install. But until then I have my cable directly feeding into my tv. From there I have a Monster optical cable running out from my tv into my receiver "optical 1." I then press the "digital input" button on my receiver to have it turn to optical one. Now the sound I get is the tv sound, but the problem is that it is only coming from the center speaker not the surrounding ones.

Do I have the optical cable hooked up wrong? If anyone could help I would much appreciate it. I"m tearing my hair out right now to try an figure this out. thanks..

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2568
I'd like to use the S-video b/ I know its supposed to have better quality than a regular rca video cord. Is there something on my receiver I need to change or a button to push to switch it so perhaps the s-video option will work? If anyone could help... thanks.

===============

You've answered your own question. You might want to try reading your owners manual.

As for your optical, yes...It's hooked up wrong. You want to run it from the source(DVD Player, Sat box, etc) into your receiver. Not out from the TV.

Unregistered guest
Hello i have small problem with connecting my LG
RT32LZ50 LCD TV SCREEN to a sony home theatre pack HTDDW680.
I have tried connect RCA cable from audio out of TV to Video in of AMP, i still have no sound.
I don't have any other components that i'm hooking up, just TV & AMP.Please i hope someone can help me.
Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us