Wall mounting speakers, hang em on a nail or........?

Bronze Member
Username: Griffin_andrews

Post Number: 29
All,
I have Fluance SX-SS sats 5.1 LBS (9.75"H x 5.25"W x 6.98" D) and Fluance AV-BP2 6.8 LBS(10.2"H x 11"W x 6.98" D).

I'm finishing off the Basement HT and looking to wall mount these over the weekend.

Simple questions -

1. What kind of mounting hardware would you suggest (any sites you can point to?). I've got studs / sheetrock to mount into.

2. When you wall mount speakers, do you guys put any felt like material / rubber "feet" on the speaker backs so as to keep the cabinets from being directly on the wall? I'm wondering about vibration of wall mounted speakers etc.

Regards,

GA

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2537
Griffin,
You wont need rubber nubs because the speaker will not make contact with the wall. Everyone from BB, CC, to any specialty hifi store sells brackets designed for wallmounting speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Griffin_andrews

Post Number: 30
Paul,
The Fluance units have a small bracket on the back that would appear to snuggle over a wall anchor unit. I was thinking if I went this way, I might have to use something along the back to avoid wall vibration etc.

I've pre-wired everything where I don't really need additional brackets etc...unless this is the preferred method over direct wall mounting?

With the depth of the speaker units and the lower height that I've wired them at (for proper listening when seated), I wanted to keep them as tight to the walls as possible.

What do you think?

GA

Username: Nammysu

Post Number: 7
I personally like to have wall brackets so they're adjustable. With the speakers flush against the wall (I'd rip the rubber part off a mouse pad, btw) you can't aim the speaker angled in to the center where the "master seat" would be.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us