Problem with subwoofer using pro logic II

Username: Prospero22

Post Number: 1
Hi
First post from down under and I seem to be having some problems with my sound system. I think that the problem began when ergon energy stuffed the power in our suburb, cutting it and making it low voltage/current? for a time, as only a few things worked and the lights were dim. My home theatre system is made up of a Denon DVD 1400, Denon AVR 1803 and Magnat motion series speakers. Some of the settings changed after this happened and then I setup the system again. Now when I play a CD through our DVD player, using Pro Logic II the subwoofer seems as if it doesnt even work. When I change the amp to direct or Rock Arena etc it works fine, actually making bass. The cross over frequency is set to 80Hz on the amp and other settings on default, and im pretty sure before the power inccident, even on Pro Logic II the subwoofer made sounds.Im prepared to make a damages claim to ergon, so if anyone could help or share advice as to how to fix the amp or subwoofer that would be great.
Cheers
Prospero

Username: Prospero22

Post Number: 2
If this helps the subwoofer works a treat when I change the amp to direct mode or rock arena, generaly anything but pro logic II.

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 28
The only thing I can think of, short of declaring something wrong with your Prologic II circuitry is that Prologic II is set at a different crossover frequency. Try opening up your subwoofer crossover frequency setting.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us