Connecting alternat AV receiver to Bose Lifestyle 12

steve_las_vegas
Unregistered guest
I have a Bose Lifestyle 12 system where the media center connects to the Bass unit via a DIN connector. Does anyone have the wiring plan so that I can replace the outdated media center with an alternative A/V system? I just need to feed the speaker line outs to the Bose amplifier.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
That's not possible.
The connections in the DIN are. L and R signal, +10V to power on the Bass, and a digital signal.
If you have a 12 pins DIN (in stead of 8 pins) there is also the SPDIF for the AC3 digital surround.
The surround amplifier is the Bass is controlled by that digital signal of the media center. So it won't operate without it!
P.S. The 10V is the middle ring of the jack, the digital control signal is the tip of the jack!

steve_las_vegas
Unregistered guest
It's an 8 pin DIN and I now understand that the surround sound decoding is built into the bass unit. I've ordered a service manual to see if I can bypass the decoder on the bass unit and mod it so that I can feed analog 5.1 signals to the amplifiers for each of the channels. I really don't want to have to throw away the subwoofer and speakers as they fit the room quite well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us