DVI-I to HDMI or DVI-D to HDMI ?

Username: Orc

Post Number: 1
Has anyone succeeded using an Ati Radeon with DVI-I output to a HDMI input of a LCD tv using DVI to HDMI adapter?

I have read that connecting a video card like Ati Radeon 9700 pciex , to a LCD tv through HDMI using DVI to HDMI adapter, will produce NO IMAGE, because the DVI output of the Ati is DVI-I , and the HDMI input can be combined only with DVI-D output...Is this true?

Username: Orc

Post Number: 2
So...no one knows?

Sounak
Unregistered guest
No,thata not true. U should be able to connect

Lindsay Shaw
Unregistered guest
Yeah from what i have read in multiple locations, including here: http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_4/feature-dvi-hdmi-hdcp-connections-11- 2004.html

it should be fine. I will be trying it with my Nvidia 6600 dvi-i output to my soniq 27" LCD soon, and will let you know. It already works beautifully on the vga output.

NICKMANX83
Unregistered guest
I connected my ATI X800 Pro 256 VIVO AGP 8x to a Toshiba 26" CRT HDTV widescreen through both DVI-I to HDMI using a DVI-D singlelink >-> HDMI cable and through 9pin S-out >-> Component video.

I recieved video, no problem. I was a little worried about some of the flicker caused at 720p through the HDMI. I am still trying to resolve this issue. I think I may be getting some interference from some other equipment. Although 480p and 1080i worked great. Of course there are problems with a desktop running an interlaced refresh rate.

If anyone has resolved any problems with 720p in the same manner I have described here please post to satisfy my curiosity.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us