Speaker Wiring and Sound Help

Username: Jp2177

Cedar Park, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
Currently I have a standard setup of two front, one center, two rear, and one subwoofer speakers. What I'm trying to do is add two speakers between the front and rear. Can I splice into the wiring running to the rear and connect the side speakers? My reciever is a Sony STR-DE845 5.1 Surround.

The other part of the subject is when playing a movie dialogue is real soft and when you turn it up to be able to hear them speaking the next explosion blows us out of the neighborhood along with the neighbors. Is there anyway to fix this?

Username: Zeblien

Post Number: 3
If you find a way let me know... im having the same trouble with a yamaha reciever and JBL speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 17
Not sure why you want to add a pair in between...it might ruin the surround experience completely...You might want to get a 7.1 system?

Most receivers allow you to individually adjust the volume of each speaker. Just increase the center channel by 3db or so. Some even have a night listening mode that basically does this for you automatically.

Unregistered guest
"The other part of the subject is when playing a movie dialogue is real soft and when you turn it up to be able to hear them speaking the next explosion blows us out of the neighborhood along with the neighbors. Is there anyway to fix this?"

DVDs can be very dynamic, much like real life. When I watch a movie, I want a whisper to sound like a whisper and an explosion to sound like an explosion. If you would rather compress the dynamic range, your receiver may have a Dynamic Range Control feature or "Midnight Mode" that would level out the range.

If it's just dialogue that you're having trouble with, you might try boosting the center channel a few decibels. This is *not* the same thing that DRC or Midnight Mode does.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us