Dvd player hook up

Username: Way1954

Post Number: 1
I need help hooking up my new dvd player to my 3 year old Slyvania TV. The wiring seems to be okay but I can't get the dvd to play on the tv scteen. Any suggestions? I am not technically inclined. Could it be that I am using the wrong station on the tv?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 297
You probably have to switch the TV input from cable to to Input1 or input2 etc.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3981
Where is your owner's manual?

Username: Jimvotaw

Encinitas, California USA

I have a really basic question. I have a Marantz SR7000 receiver and a Mistubishi 55905. When I hook a DVD player up. Do I go svideo and audio into the receiver and then the same thing out of the receiver into the TV?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1647
You can, or you can just connect the player straight to the TV and the audio to the receiver. Then you won't need 2 s-video cables.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 317
Jim use the Monitor out port on your receiver to connect to the TV and then get your sound full time from the receiver.

This way regardless of which device you use, DVD, Cable, DSS, you don't have to worry about changing anything on the TV.

Username: Marbilwil

Mount Juliet, TN United States

Someone help me please!!!! I have just switched from Dish to Comcast cable. I have everything hooked up to surround sound. Everything was working fine before, but now, I can not get my dvd player to show a picture on the tv. I got a new one, a recorder, and I have tried everything. Before, I got the picture on channel 91. But with cable, I do not have a channel 91. I am getting sound just fine, but no picture. Anyone out there help me? Thanks.
Marsha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us