I can't remember how to hook up everything to my Sony STR-DE945 receiver...and I used to work at Circuit City!!

Unregistered guest
So it was a high school job, but still....anyway, I have the aforementioned Sony STR-DE945 receiver, a Sony Vega Television (KV-27FV16), a Sony DVD player, a JVC VCR, and a Digital Cable Box. I also have a bag of cords, mostly Monster cable (whoo!)...optical digital, component video, regular audio/video, one S-video (except I think I'll need another), maybe a couple of other unidentified cables. How do I hook it all up? So far, I've at least got my digital cable running through my VCR and my VCR connected through the front inputs on both units...although I can't record something on the VCR Video path and watch something else on the regular TV (if that makes sense). Also, my TV and DVD player have component video inputs, but my receiver doesn't seem to. How do I get everything happily running through my receiver? I'd love to get a little advice and guidance. I can't wait for my little mini-home theatre to be up and running!
Oooh, P.S.: I have a Sony subwoofer and three rather low-end generic sony speakers...(got good price breaks back in the day, though the equipment is only about four or five years old)...should I even bother hooking them up? Thanks to all in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 298
Here read this discussion

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/113395.html

That should give you the wire mapping you need.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us