Archive through June 08, 2005

Anonymous

well i got scammed today, i never buy anything off the streets
well guys you got me. all i can say is GOD BLESS YOU and whoever you work for. you got me at the Academy store.(San Antonio)

God Sees All

Almost Taken
Unregistered guest
Hi there,

Just thought I would let you all know that Two young guys and a girl in a Dark Blue Ford Expedition approached me today at the bank parking lot. I listened to their deal and then kept telling them I don't have enough money. Then, ironically a Denver Sheriff pulled up and I told all of them good-bye. Well, apparently he fooled the cop too because about a minute later they drove off free as a bird. Sooooo, when I got home I checked online about the system and I come to find out I did good. I didn't get ripped off. Sorry that other people did though! Denver, Colorado at Chambers and 45th , in the Denver Fed Credit Union Parking Lot. Also, Temp tags I noticed on vehicle too.

Anonymous

Well my girlfriend got scammed today. Beware North Austin. Voliente and 620. Cops are swarming now. Can anyone give me the info to these scum bags? Where can I find the Austin location? It was three guys in a new green ford explorer. I want these guys NOW!

Anonymous

Hey we just got scammed in Dallas Texas. Bought two t2400 tower speakers and 5.1 Theater Logic Home Theater system for $400 and they showed me the add in the paper advertising it all for over $5000 and were selling it b/c it was from a house they just did and these were left over. Any info???? White van license plate Y43-VHG, two guys, smooth talkers, wanting beer... No receipt, how can I get these guys

Anonymous

Hey we just got scammed in Dallas Texas. Bought two t2400 tower speakers and 5.1 Theater Logic Home Theater system for $400 and they showed me the add in the paper advertising it all for over $5000 and were selling it b/c it was from a house they just did and these were left over. Any info???? White van license plate Y43-VHG, two guys, smooth talkers, wanting beer... No receipt, how can I get these guys

ABBBB
Unregistered guest
Husband was scammed in Friendswood, TX for $400.00 they were driving a HOME THEATER van and said that they had an EXTRA on board and would sell to him for $400.00 instead of the original $1500 they normally charge. I agree with the other e-mailer "God Does See All" no one is perfect, but for those that are going around screwing people out of cash, get a real F....king job!

ABBBBBBB
Unregistered guest
Post Script: PS What Goes Around Comes Around Are You Ready?

bbbbbsssssssssss
Unregistered guest
Okay what are these
"Home Theaters" really worth?
I have the AV5.1

IBdumbass
Unregistered guest
Got the pitch bought the shiat always too good to be true. Liked what i saw and bought them, idiot LOL. Payed 200 they work and not half bad just thought i was getting a better deal than what i got damn. Lake County, California white expedition white guy and hispanic good talkers that for sure.

Anonymous

Just got scammed in Frazer, PA. Same story approached etc. My wife is always on me about that "fell of the truck" deal...well I got burned.

Anonymous

Aurora CO two days ago, Blue SUV.

brucezx11
Unregistered guest
Beware, White Chevy Trailblazer. Came to my lot in LaPlace, La today. Never heard of the brand before so I decided not to get them. Becareful in New Orleans, or Metairie. Older white male, very nice talker, same old line. Big job, doesnt want boss to take these from him.

screwed
Unregistered guest
I got hit about 3 months ago. Probably because I had just gotten a new truck, and was now part of their target group. well theres $200 less towards the truck. at least it wasn't so bad as some other ppl. 2 guys in a white explorer, one a big faced beer drinker, the other a skinny rat with a goatee. don't usually see this stuff in norcal, i should have known better. if i had taken the damn things all the way out of the box i would have seen they were sh!t

Username: Gethim1

Post Number: 1
any new info on ripoffs for dahlton speakers in nj/pa. i have new info , license numbers for white pa. tagged vehicle that was in dover / ocean county area located at the route 571 /route 9 home depot shopping parking lot.

Unregistered guest
To Aurora1 - I need the real address to return the same millenium 2300 system in Denver - I got swindled in Ft Collins today and I need to return this stuff asap. I need new skis and $ towards a mtn bike more than this s*it from what it sounds like - so if you could post it on here or I just sent you an email me, either way it would be great!!!

dumb girl
Unregistered guest
what a dumb broad I am! they got me in bastrop, tx for 220! yup, gave them the damn beer money. seriously, what CAN we do??

dumb girl
Unregistered guest
***AUSTIN, TX**** THE HISPANIC AND WHITE GUY IN EXPLORERS ADDRESS AND NUMBER.

Worlwide Audio
2901 S. 1st
Austin, TX 78704

(512) 290-4916
( I can never get through )

hispanics name is John D and white guy is Derik D

they gave me their "receipt"

Unregistered guest
Austin, TX West Campus. March 3rd, 2 guys in blue SUV made up bullshit story about extra sh*t they were trying to unload. If anyone has details I'm keen to pay them a visit. Can you go to the cops?

Unregistered guest
Austin, TX West Campus. March 3rd, 2 guys in blue SUV made up bullshit story about extra sh*t they were trying to unload. If anyone has details I'm keen to pay them a visit. Can you go to the cops? Billy at UT (sucker) or mike jones or dumb girl get back to me... White guy's name was Caleb, darker dude Taylor.

Unregistered guest
hey austintxscam

i got screwed too. it just happened to me a day after you, march 4. also in west campus, sounds like the same guys email me if you see this.

coman
Unregistered guest
anyone been hit in colorado yet?

Cops_are_dumbasses
Unregistered guest
I just got scammed today in Ohio. Two white guys in a white van stopped me as I was pulling into a walmart parking lot. They made up some story that they had extra speakers and they needed to get rid of them. The showed me the magaizine and the speakers. I thought I was getting a great deal. They tried to sell them to me for 600 when they were originally 2500, but i told them all that i had was about 180 dollars. So we went to the bank and the guy asked if i would through in my car cd player. i said hell no because i was still making payments on it and it cost me 300 dollars. Then they asked if i would throw in my scientific calculator, but i said i needed it for college. I went home and went on the internet to check this out because it seemed weird. That is where i found this forum. I immediatly got into my car to see if i could find them again. I couldn't find them so I went to the police. Since i am only 19 the cop just thought i was dumb and iggnorant and that there is nothing he could do about it. Obivously this cop is a dumbass because scams are illegal. So if anybody has any information on how i can get my money back or how to find them so i can kick the shi! out of them in ohio, please post it. Thanks

Anonymous

Just got scammed today in Sulphur Springs, TX on the home theatre which "retailed" for $1800. Two guys in a white van stopped me at a light. They made up the same story about extra speakers from an installation job. They also showed me the same magazine. They tried for seven hundred but I paid $300. I realized it about an hour after I bought them and went back out to look for them to get my money back but they were long gone. Anybody that has a recent address for them in the DFW are please post it.

ViperVenom
Unregistered guest
Hey man I'm from sulphur springs too, got hit today as well, $250, I got two addresses in Dallas, let me know if you are going and I'll go too, we WILL get our money back and a little extra for these s.o.b.s being some @$$ clowns! 11126 Shady Trail Drive #115, Dallas, TX.
2320 North Central Expressway #B18, Dallas, TX.
email me back at pelecarlos@hotmail.com

ViperVenom
Unregistered guest
Hey man I'm from sulphur springs too, got hit today as well, $250, I got two addresses in Dallas, let me know if you are going and I'll go too, we WILL get our money back and a little extra for these s.o.b.s being some @$$ clowns! 11126 Shady Trail Drive #115, Dallas, TX.
2320 North Central Expressway #B18, Dallas, TX.
email me back at pelecarlos@hotmail.com

AustinTXScam
Unregistered guest
went to address posted by dumbgirl, 2901 S 1st in austin and its a plumbers warehouse... get back to me about it....

Username: Elvisleg

Damn it Jim.I got scammed.Actually called Dereks phone and he answered.We will be meeting tomorrow @a boat store in Austin.He said he would give me a refund.I could use some backup.There is also a surprise twist to this story that anyone who has been scammed will love.

Unregistered guest
Got taken today in Delray Beach, Florida!!!! Cant believe it! Same story...different state...I was looking up the system on the internet to see what a great deal I got and I came across this web site! WOW!!!

Hook 'Em
Unregistered guest
I got taken in Austin too. It was Derek, Taylor and some other guy. They were in a green Expedition at 290/71. Both of my parents are lawyers and I WILL get to the bottom of this to get my $400 back!!! If anybody has any info, please post it here. If you're gonna try to fvck me, you better prepare yourself pretty fvckin good!!!

Varit
Unregistered guest
So you are going to go in to court and say you thought you were buying stolen speakers and you got ripped off? Good luck w/ that one.

Trev 77
Unregistered guest
Hello there, just wondering whether anyone had information on people selling Dahlton speakers in Denver. I think I got ripped off today pretty bad. I bought two 1500 vi Dahlton ti speakers for $600...they said they were worth about $1500...have not tried them but I am expecting that I got fully shafted.

Anonymous

Hey, if anyone sees these guys in the Warren, Ohio area, please let me know. I'm working on an article for the local paper and, surprisingly, the telephone numbers listing the people allegedly involved don't work.
email me at ateutsch@tribune-chronicle.com

Anonymous

Avon, CO...Blue SUV with Florida Plates. I am a F@cking Idiot. $450. Anybody know How I can get my money back? They did not give me a receipt.

AustinTXScam
Unregistered guest
Hey Greg Robertson or Hook'em, have you guys gotten anywhere? I went to the address posted and it wasn't it. Did you get your money back Greg. Whats the guys number? Get backto me

Glen Burnie MD
Unregistered guest
Scammed for $260 in Lowes parking lot, Dahlton 1550 ti towers, they sound alright but not worth the money. I will see these guys again

Nsane
Unregistered guest
This is unbelievable. I was leaving my college and stopped to get gas at the Sheetz in Frostburg, MD. A white guy in his 20's approached me and just would not stop about how great these speakers were. I turned him down NUMEROUS times and I told him that they were NOT Bose and they weren't worth anything. Well, after looking at the Magazine (which I checked to see if it was real, I had remembered HDTV mag was in fact something I'd seen before) I convinced myself that the speakers were worth around a grand. My plan was to buy them and then sell them on eBay for a little more: easy cash. I paid $750!!! I feel horrible and incredibly stupid. I don't know how those guys can live with themselves ripping people off like that for a living. I might not have had the common sense to push away the "deal of the century" but at least I can stand by my morals. Also, we can admit to our stupidity in getting scammed so hopefully it doesn't happen to us again. These people can only do this sort of thing for so long until it will really haunt them. There cars, everything they own will haunt them because they know that they didn't earn the money, they deceived people illegally and they might as well have stolen the money. You all say you don't want to tell anybody that you were scammed because you will look like a moron, but you might as well to save their money and make it harder for these guys to rip off people.

Props to all of you guys that were able to get refunds/ beat the living daylights out of them/ admit that we all make mistakes.

Anonomous
Unregistered guest
What I love is that no one sees the irony in this.

Everyone here is pissed off because they bought what they thought was stolen inventory.

Hahah...!

Anonymous

just bought the milleniun 2300 system for 300 dollars at a gas station in Colorado Springs, CO. Two guys in a white van. They sound pretty dang good. A nice reciever might help with the sound, but overall a steal! I guess time will tell if I got jacked.

Anonymous

just bought the milleniun 2300 system for 300 dollars at a gas station in Colorado Springs, CO. Two guys in a white van. They sound pretty dang good. A nice reciever might help with the sound, but overall a steal! I guess time will tell if I got jacked.

Anonymous

I just bought the Dahlton Loudspeakers KV 2500 ti speakers today and I WAS pissed. I had read on the internet forums about people paying upwards of 1500 for the speakers. I paid about 200 for em and I was hoping that the things wouldn't even work.

However, when I hooked em up, the things sound CLEAN as HELL! Hell, they aren't that bad for 200 dollar speakers. The joints dont even look half bad.

Apparently, the retail value for the speakers is around $150. If you paid more than that, you got ripped.

Well, considering the fact that I didn't need speakers, it was a foolish perchase, but I am impressed with the sound however. Maybe I am just ignorant to the wonders of high tech audio or something, but they are not that bad to me

PEace and love

Anonymous

my husband just got scammed for a pair of speakers in md. the other day the guys were in a white van and pulled them over on the side of the road and they wanted 300 for them, he only paid 150 but we haven't seen if they work yet. i will be really pissed if they don't but oh well thats his fault. those guys told him they took them from their work and they had to sell them before they got back to the shop in philly.

coming to PA to find ya
Unregistered guest
Same deal.. 2 guys. white van. dahlton audio in blue on the side of the van.

sitting in lowe's parking lot.
Pennsylvania plates:
YPH8138

Planning to get the plates ran on netdetective.com and maybe take a road trip to PA.

got_scamed
Unregistered guest
At the bank in Richardson, TX I was making my transaction and this dude screams at me and asks me to buy the speaker... I had no intention but I thought they were car speakers. Well when I got there... exact same story. He started from $700. I bought them for $200 + $20 for beer.

After reading all these posts I feel very depressed. I haven't played them atatll yet, and now I feel like throwing them away righnow.

I told the guy "I've never heard of Dahlton" and the he BSed alot and I got trapped.

I feel very stupid that I fell form 'em, but I guess they wouldn't have let me go without buying either.

This may sound stupid but can someone tell me how do I play them? I dont have an amplifier.

Username: Stfo

Post Number: 6
i'm looking for speakermen in europe stfohenri@yahoo.com

gotmetoo
Unregistered guest
Well, they've made it to Waco, tx. Same story: at a stoplight, a guy yells from a black SUV with out of state plates, asking me if i wanna buy speakers. he tells me that they're making a delivery, they have extras (ordered 4 speakers, got 4 sets, trying to get rid of extras), and showed me the nice, professional looking catalogue. He said they're going for 1500 dollars. I kept saying no, and they were pushy as h3ll. finally, I got back in my car to drive away, and the guy says he'll take 200 for them, and he'd follow me to the atm. So greedy-a$$ me decides that I can sell them on ebay or pawn them or something. So I bought the Dahlton speakers for $200 plus $20 for beer. 3 guys, one kinda skinny, one pretty big guy, and another guy who stayed in the SUV. They said they worked for some company in austin delivering sound stuff. Cr@ppy thing is that for most of the time that they were talking to me, I was thinking in the back of my head that the whole thing seemed strange. I still f**ing bought it though...

By the way, I got a pair of speakers if anybody wants some... tell you what, I'll give them to you for my dignity back.

Username: Blah1

I got hit up in Broomfield, CO... Same scam. White ford Explorer with Florida plates. Two white males approached me with the overstock story. I can't believe I bought their story. I knew in the back of my mind that it seemed fishy. I still think I got a pretty good deal over all ($200.00 for KV 1500 ti). Live an learn my friends...

PLTX
Unregistered guest
My story is the same as everyone on how I got scammed in Plano, Tx, The good news is I got my money back! I got a receipt and went to the address that was printed on the reciept. You have 3 days to get your money refunded from date of purchase. I got to the business at 7:30 a.m. and waited for them to show up to load the vans. They started loading around 8:15 a.m. Walked right in and demanded my money back. Don't try calling any of the numbers they gave you because know one will pick up. The guys that swindled me were from:
Empire Distributors
11126 Shady Trail #115
Dallas, Tx 75229
469-522-7444

These speakers are not even worth $50. Good Luck.

Anonymous

Same story, different day! 2 younger guys in a white van, wanted $500 bucks for the speakers.. paid $200 and sd they were going to go see some tiddies, I feel like a real jackass and being in sales myself, they are really f@ucking people over, sd he wired them up himself and had the magazine and the whole nine yards.

Anonymous

This is bullshit, me and my roomate both got hit in AZ. Who are these guys. Lets burn there van!!!!!!!!!!!!

plim
Unregistered guest
I got a set of Theater Research TR-1420 Speakers today for 250 bucks. It was the same deal one guy in a white vehicle saying they shipped too much for a job and he just wanted to get rid of them. Havent hooked them up but from this site im sure i got scammed, oh well, at least I got something out of it haha. Oh yeah this was in Brunswick, GA

Anonymous

Two young white men in a white van with Pennsylvania tag are representing themselves as making delivery and installation of high-end speaker system. I paid $258 plus $13 for beer for a set of Theater Logic T2450 . I tried the speakers as soon as I got home. While the speakers do work, they are worthless piece of trash.

This was in College Park, MD

I feel so embarrassed and stupid! I should know better.

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Anony
Unregistered guest
I guess i just got hit, I was getting gas and some guy pulled up in a white van, i think it was a plymouth or dodge caravan. He had 5.1 systems in the back as well as towers all Dahlton, He wanted like $800 but i said i didnt have it and he showed me a magizine, and it said 1795. I couldnt get him below 200. SO i paid 200 and my friend with me bought a set for the same price, its a tower with a 10" woofer all black with a tweeter and 2 3 or 4 inch speakers on front, they actually preform very well with the built in amplifier. They crank my whole apartment without distortion. I was impressed i didnt even know they were fake. Im in glendale az.

ninscrapl
Unregistered guest
they're real speakers... just a no name brand... i got hit up on friday by the same guys as PLTX (from 5 posts ago...) thank God for his post, or i wouldn't have known where to go to get my money back. anyway, i marched right in there and told them i wanted my money back and sure enough, i got it! thanks a lot for the post PLTX anyone else out there that got scammed by these empire distributing punks, please go harrass them for your money back. he's kind of shaky when you talk to him... a sign of weakness... don't leave without your money!

Anonymous

Just got hit in Corona, CA. Same old story: two guys in a late model GM SUV with an "over stocked" situation. Wanted $500 for the 5.1 theatre logic system, paid $250, and they asked for $20.00 in beer money. I didn't give them the twenty, but felt screwed after checking this web-site. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it's probably a bad deal

HOUSTON SCAMMED
Unregistered guest
THEY GOT ME GOT ME REAL GOOD!!! HOUSTON TEXAS!! CHAMPAGNE DODGE DURANGO TEXAS PLATES V27RLR.

rwb2005
Unregistered guest
I got hit for $200 in the Tom Thumb parking lot in Carrollton on Hebron and Josey. Same story and address (Empire Distributors) as PLTX on April 7, so I'm going to try to return the box today. I'm not sure if they work well or not but it just pisses me off that they are using such sleezy sales tactics.

Goober756
Unregistered guest
Wow ... I have a lot of company here. Sh1t.

I got stung for $300 a couple of days ago in Austin for the L6. "mid-twenties surfer cut lookin guys" in a white Tahoe, I think. "Jake" and "Aaron." Same phone number somebody else posted, 290-4916. I haven't even bothered to dial it. Maybe I'll reverse-directory it and see what comes up.

They had a variant on the script others have reported though. They said somebody at the place where they bought the stuff made a mistake and last time it happened their a$$hole boss just kept the excess. They don't like him 'cause he's only two years older and he's got the SUV they were driving and an H2, so they don't want him to get the benefit of the sales guy's mistake. They're "deliverymen," and students, they only make $9 an hour, blah blah blah. I almost said "Why don't you just do the right thing and take them back?" But since they were doing what they were doing, I figured that would be pointless.

In response to the poster above, I was MOSTLY convinced of the story, otherwise I would not have taken the bait. No way I wanted to become a felon by receiving stolen property.

The biggest idiot part was in my not writing down the license plate before I ever started talking to them ... and maybe asking for IDs after I heard their pitch. That would have sent them scurrying off, no doubt. I'm surprised any of you got a receipt or an address.

Post Number: 9
who needs speakers in europe?,can contact me

sucker#9,000
Unregistered guest
just got hit in stuart florida for 350.00. havn't even opened the box after reading this shi*. cant believe i was so stupid. anyone with info in south florida please post it. i would at least like to get some of my money back.

Anonymous

SAME SAD STORY- but HERES THE DIFFERENCE- I am willing to go to whatever means necessary to get these guys-my father is a very successful attorney but I am trying to handle this on my own-If anyone has any info (or suggestions) about these crooks than please email me at Bricen7@aol.com I am going to make these f**ks pay-Big Time-and to whoever wrote that message above-you are an idiot- I didn't think that they were stolen or I wouldn't have bought them-These guys are con men-that's what they do -cheat honest people like myself- the only thing is that I am not only honest but completely insane- God help these guys-they're gonna need it.
Heres the info they gave me
T&M ENTERPRISE, INC
601 E. Pennsylvania Blvd
Feasterville, Pa 19050
215-364-0175

Anonymous

that address for the northern ohio and west PA cons:

Avalon Distributors
307 High Tech Drive
OAKDALE, PA 15071

are they open on saturdays if i show up at 8 am?

Anonymous

Got taken tonight in Golden, CO for 200. Any info on returning them in Colorado would be appreciated.

mash
Unregistered guest
A little more info on the above post:

A white guy in his early twenties, mentioning a bunch of crap about nudie bars or whatever, needed to get rid of another system that was left over from a job he had just done. He was in a green van (not sure what kind). Florida license plates X31-NNZ.

Anonymous

I tried calling

Avalon Distributors
307 High Tech Drive
OAKDALE, PA 15071

at the number 724-695-3414

but i keep getting a voicemail (there is no use trying, although the number is correct)

anyone who got scammed in NE ohio or west PA want to make a road trip with me to get money back??

oh btw, i hear the lead boss there is called Shawn P. Haugh

RippedOff
Unregistered guest
I got taken on Friday outside Home Depot in Boynton Beach Florida. Same MO as the rest of you. 2 guys in a white SUV in their late twenties/early thirties. The talker was white, the other one hispanic (who never left the car)
Tag # XOI KFY. Does anyone know where their distribution point is so that I can make a visit for a refund($250)

Anonymous

can anyone scan me a copy of a receipt that they got from these guys???

you can email me at iamthealphaandtheomega2003@yahoo.com

thanks!!

Anonymous

i personally wasn't scammed.. i was looking for a job a few weeks ago in the dallas morning news when i saw this add:

http://www.careersite.dallasnews.com/perl/vaui/EmpList/top/job/LA12303505?pid=16 4

JOB DESCRIPTION (Reference No. 14377338)
Audio co. seeks drivers to distribute sound systems. Earn $800-$1200/wkly. Paid training. 469-522-7444

STATUS
Regular Full-time

i thought it was alittle to good be be true, but i called and setup an interview.. went in next morning at 8:00am, filled out an app then interviewed with a manager named Jeff Barrera ... i saw right threw his scam business.. not a place i want to work for..

here is his info on his card:

Empire Distributors, Inc.
Jeff Barrera Sales Manager
11126 Shady Trail #115
Dallas, TX 75229
office 469-522-7444
fax 469-522-7445

Anonymous

They just got me with the same thing. They were in a white van tag #ynj4501. Driving on City Ave in Philly, PA. Anyone know where to get refunds near philly?

Unregistered guest
does anyone know if MTS 2300 Millenium home theatre is a legit company? My boyfriend bought it come guy came up to him. He paid $380 but its a great system. Their emails are non valid. dont knwo if it works, havent set it up yet. the guy wanted to come to our house to set it up.

Anonymous

Well I was scammed in Ohio for $375. I went for a refund today WITHOUT a receipt and got back $310.

Initially the ring leader, Sean, was saying he could only reinburse me $260 (so I assume the independent cons make money after that figure - the boss takes 260 - then again it could have all been his BS). Then after enought persistence he bumped up to 300. Then he came back with 310 saying the extra 10 was for gas. Once again, making me feel like I was ripping him off (kinda like the "throw in some beerm money" thing they use).

I wasn't about to try and argue for more. Just wanted to get the heck out of there, and considering I never really did have a receipt I guess I really can't honestly complain too much.

Oh well, I'm satisfied and the lost extra money I consider a lesson learned.

BTW, here is the contact info for NE Ohio and West PA:

Avalon Distributors
307 High Tech Drive
OAKDALE, PA 15071
724-695-3414
Shawn P. Haugh

BTW, use the tactic of saying you HOOKED UP THE SPEAKERS and that you feel the quality was misrepresented by the manual, etc. Don't say you don't fee they are "worth what you paid"... that is not a legit excuse. Also, be calm and don't accuse of a scam! You'll get further that way honestly (considering polite ppl are usually the ones messed up in the head, not loud mouths - so politeness if anything will worry him more).

getthosedudes
Unregistered guest
hey i think i know how to get ahold of these guys... im in dallas texas and i was lookin Craigslist.com for random electronics and theres a post selling these things for real cheap, not sure if its those dudes, it might be someone who got scammed by 'em and is tryin to make their money back but if i got f*cked i'd definitely check this out and try to get at them. lata, good luck i know i'd feel like an @sshole if this happend to me
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ele/70524178.html

Unregistered guest
I was in the market for speakers anyway, and well, I'm a sucker, so I fell for the scam. Two shady white dudes, one in his early 20's and the other in his 30's. Didn't even take the tower speakers (Theater Logic T 2400's) out of the package and jumped on google to see how much they were worth, if they were legit, etc. I give the guys credit for the magazine picture and the caption (it shows the speakers and the mfr. suggested retail price as $2899.) I kinda felt swindled maybe a few minutes after they drove away. Call me a weirdo, but for some reason I've always wanted to buy stolen crap out of the back of a white van.

West Chester, PA. We're 30 minutes West of Philadelphia. I'd like to get my money back, or at the very least locate the duo who drove the van. Is this the same van from Oakdale, PA?

another fool
Unregistered guest
These JO'S must be workin hard. Just got scammed in South Jersey. Same M.O as all of the other stories. To ripped of in West Chester, the address on my "reciept" is T&M Enterprises 601 E. Pennsylvania Blvd. Feasterville PA 19050
PH# 215-364-0175

NickT
Unregistered guest
Got hit in Las Vegas. Dahlton kv-1500.
Besides misleading me I don't think they are actually breaking the law (oxymoron).
They most likely have a business license. They probably marked up the speakers and placed the ad (in the mag. they showed me)"themselves".
I found another site that actually opened these up and tested the components. CHEAP.
They sound pretty good but I guess they must sound like $100 speakers.

I just feel dumb. Never heard of this scam before. They scammed me almost verbatim as what others have been saying. White SUV, overstocked, mean boss, they make $10/hr, beer money, etc.

I guess the only good thing is that I bought them for $160. Seems less then most people. Now I just can't decide to go try to find this guys for a refund (violence?) or take it as a lesson in life...damn scam.

<more> http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/InPerson/speaker_scams.htm

Anonymous

my roommate ran into these guys over the weekend here in Denver. They wanted to sell him two Dahlton KV 1500 ti towers for $400. He gave them $70 and they put some gas in his car to go to the ATM. They foolishly loaded the speakers into his trunk and one guy rode with him. At the ATM, he used a bank card that didn't work anymore and claimed to not know how to use it- he said he hadn't used it in a year. These guys all got out of their vehicle and his and were messing with the ATM trying to get the money. He drove off. They called about 40 times, left a couple messages on his phone, trying to sound friendly.

We've yet to try them out, but for $60 (after the gas they put in his car) its a pretty good deal, to rip these people off.

I'm a speakerman
Unregistered guest
Hi, i'm a speakerman doing things the right way. Check out www.burckhards.com
peace,
Simon

Unregistered guest
I'm in NE Ohio and I'm down for a roadtrip if any else wants a refund. Anyone can email me and we'll head over to Avalon.

rippedinDenver
Unregistered guest
Hey anonymous in Denver......do you know who to get a hold of in Colorado? IS the PA address good for any state?

rippedinDenver
Unregistered guest
Hey anonymous in Denver......do you know who to get a hold of in Colorado? IS the PA address good for any state?

Unregistered guest
San Luis Obispo, CA got shafted today. Same story, one austrailian guy named "scott" and another guy that didnt talk much. Said they were from Costa Mesa. I paid $250 for cerwin vega surround system (supposedly worth $1000) Im not too dissapointed actually. They are legit and sound good. Stay away from the Techical Logics speaker towers or whatever. My buddy bought them for $250 and they aint all that. But the cerwin-vegas are not too bad. It just sucks these pr!cks have to lie about the whole thing.

Sucker
Unregistered guest
I got scammed in New Orleans, LA. $400, i feel like an idiot. I want to find these guys and get back my money. If anyone has any advice on where to look. They said that they were from baton Rouge, but I don't believe anything they told me. Normally I wouldn't have bought them, but an old freind once gave me a great deal on a TV that "fell off the back of the truck" and it has been awesome. Someone please tell me where they are. If I can't get my money back I can at least f*ck up something of there's that is more valuable. Should I even contact the police.

Anonymous

Got scammed in Pasadena, Texas today. Two white guys license plates were from Florida I40 VAH.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i have speakers for speakermen in europe

Anonymous

just got me. In Hammond Indiana. White van with about 12 boxes in back. said they just finished a install & got 2 extra not on invoice. Advised whould let htese got for $500, Gave him $220. Came online to see how much there really worth & found this. THis is some bullshit. And I know better than falling for some lame scam!!!

2xSucker
Unregistered guest
A dude in a minivan here in Phoenix AZ just sold me a pair of T 2450 Theater Logic speakers for $200. The surround sound system I bought 6 months ago for $250 dollars definetly sounds good, I hope these towers are as good. These guys are all over the country selling the same product, they must have a factory somewhere slaping together speakers and marketing them as a legitametly high end speaker. Whatever the case may be I found out that this whole thing is a scam just now, I guess that makes me a two time sucker. Hey if the speakers actualy perform I dont think I'll feel too bad, just sucks that these guys need to lye to sell their product.

Screwed in Pittsburgh
Unregistered guest
Yeah, today was my lucky day. Driving to my next account stuck in some of that great Pittsburgh traffic and these two dudes waved we down. Now I had already been eyeing up the "high end" speakers thought the back window of their newer panel van. At first I said no, but then the temptation got the best of me. The had extras from an install job and wanted to, "see some t***** and get loaded". I forked over the cash to get home and find out they wouldn't and couldn't hook into my existing 6.1 system.

Thanks to this forum, I was able to track these jerks down and with a few threats concerning the state police and FBI, Shawn was kind enough to threaten to kick my a@@ and give my money back. Lesson learned!

Heres the helpful post:

For all those scammed in western PA and northeast Ohio, below is the address of where to go to get a refund. There's this little Jewish/ Mafia-wannabe loudmouth running the show. His name is Shawn Haugh (at least that's what it says on his card). Be there by 8 AM and you will see the guys start to pull in. This little runt Shawn will yell and scream and try to intimidate you, but if you're persistent, he will eventually give you your money back.

Avalon Distributors
307 High Tech Drive
OAKDALE, PA 15071

I Sell Speakers
Unregistered guest
I sell speakers on the street. Check out my site: www.burckhards.com
Your comments and critisism are welcome.
Simon Burckhard
speakerman since 1999

I Sell Speakers
Unregistered guest
BURCKHARD'S ...your alternative to the "White van speaker scam" ...my van's GOLD baby!!!
www.burckhards.com

Unregistered guest
San Luis Obispo, CA -- The same Australian guy came today in his gold Tahoe/Suburban and offered the Dahlton Kv1550 and the Cerwin Vega surround system. Needless to say, I asked to check the internet first before buying them, and he gave me some crap as to how he needs to run because he needs to go install them into some lady's house.... I shook his hand and then found this site -- and filed a police report. Hopefully the cops in SLO will catch this f@ck.

Unregistered guest
Gilbert, AZ- 2 dudes in a black truck stopped me in the parking lot where I work and sold me a sound system (TR 503). They told me that they were worth $3000 and even showed me a magazine with them listed for $3000. The guy told me that they were doing an install job and just got an extra system. He said that on a previous job they had an extra plasma screen tv and he was honest and brought it back to his boss. His boss responded by having him put the plasma in his car. So, he said that he just wanted to get rid of them and get some $ for him and his friend. He even produced a fake invoice. I ended up caving in and gave him $300 for them.

Nick from wexford PA
Unregistered guest
Hey those guys in PA got me too i was in the wexford area they had that whole avalon distributors stuff on their van. sold me the 2450's for 200 bucks. i called the police and will be talkign to them shortly.

S.T.F.O. AUDIO
Unregistered guest
TO ALL THE SPEAKER GUYS OU THERE, F*CKIN GREAT JOB. WE MUST BE DOIN SOMTHIN RIGHT TO GET ALL THESE PEOPLE PISSED OFF AT US. AND TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT CALLING THE COPS IS GOING TO HELP, U R WRONG. ALL OF IT IS LEGAL, AND THERE IS REALY NOTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT. U R JUST GONNA HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE FACT THAT U GOT F*CKED. HOPE U LIKE UR NEW HOME THEATERE SYSTEM, SUCKERS

Unregistered guest
I got scammed on the 25th of May around 5-6 PM PST. It happened outside of Ontario Mills(Ontario, CA). I was at the Mobil Gas Station and a guy, probably around 40-50 years old showed me his van of T2400 speakers and a L6 surround sound system(both Theatre Logic). His name was Bob driving a white van. I plan to scan the Mills the next few days to try and find this guy. I ended up paying $260 for the L6 entertainment system. If you guys have information on the Ontario headquarters, please contact send an e-mail to geraldinekober@msn.com

Thanks,
Robert

damnspeakers
Unregistered guest
i was coming out of my local circuit city, and as i was putting a bag in my trunk, this white tahoe pulls in back of me. this guy asks if i'm interested in some speakers....same f%@**$ story as everyone else...3 extras, need to sell, blah blah blah. anyway, i already have a home theater system so i tell the guy i'm not interested. so he starts on about how i could buy these speakers, and sell them for 4x what i paid....i tell him that i'm in a rush and need to go. so he says to me if i want to leave, that i'm gonna have to drive through his truck, cause he is not moving. i think the guy is kidding, so i kinda laugh at this, and he is stone faced. he says that he'll move his truck when he sells the speakers. now, i'm not a huge guy, but this guy had balls, cause he was about 5'7". i could have broke this guy in two. anyway, after 2 minutes of arguing with this guy, i could see he was getting ready to get physical.....so i just walked away. i went to the store and got the security guard and told him, so he followed me back to my car. when the speaker guy saw me coming back with security, he just got in his van and started driving away. I get back to my car, and that little f*&$ keyed the hell outta my car. I found this site, cause he said he was selling Dahlton speakers, so i searched the web for company info, and found this site....guess these guys are everywhere. if i catch this guy, next time i won't be going to security......i'll be going to jail!!!

blove0698
Unregistered guest
man they just got me in NJ..........Mt Laurel.......two white dudes in a white van. Showed me the magazine and asked for 800 for the two........I gave them $220, now i find out about this scam.......damn I feel like a sucker...............if anyone has any info hit me up...........would like to catch up with these two cats really bad.

Took in Pennsylvania
Unregistered guest
The latest sucker!
Yea, that's me. Just got took in a grocery store parking lot in St. David, PA. Same deal, two dudes, white van, asked for beer money. Said they worked for Avalon Distributors and the retail price of the Theater Logic T2400 is $1,800. I feel like the biggest idiot on this board because I gave them $450 for the set. The speaker work, but they sound pretty $hitty. Got the plates on the white van: Pa YKY-4084.

another one
Unregistered guest
got taken outside nashville. 2 guys, hit me up for 340. we agreed on 300, but they wanted an extra 40 to go to some strip club. (300 plus two lap dances is what the guy said). they were driving a white ford econoline van. short guy with a goatee, and some surfer looking guy who kept calling me dude. i should have known better, but they showed me the magazine ad, and said that the warehouse shipped two extra systems, and they needed to sell them before they went back or their boss would take them for himself. son of a........

another sucker
Unregistered guest
Two guys, white van, Ardmore PA at a grocery store parking lot. One guy said his name was "Eric", white, brown hair, said he was from Pittsburgh. The other guy, white, eyebrow piercing, short hair. Wanted $2400, had the catalog and the overloaded order story. They then went to $800. Said they were going to Delilah's Den, and that I should buy them beers and lapdances for the deal. I finally got taken for $400. They're very persistant, and I'm just gullible. Don't know if the speakers work.

smc
Unregistered guest
They're working in West Chester PA. I got caught at A Wawa (convenience store) parking lot. $210, I thought I was getting a deal, shame on me. White van, 2 white guys, one named 'Mike' PA license number YKY4084

WillyJ
Unregistered guest
man! you know.....the mofo's got me! i can't believe this! i've been trying to save some cash, and these two a$$ hats get me while i'm at the gas station! the only reason i bought them was cause i figured i could sell them on ebay for a lot more than what i paid. they told me this damn system retailed for almost $2,000!!!! they got $250 outta me, and another $20 for a case of Budweiser. damn it....i get home and jump online to see how much i could get for these things, and what site pops up first....this one. well f me...
but i guess it could be worse....as long as these things work, i'll keep it. that's what i get for buying on the street....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us