Newbie please help me!

Username: Tapout

Atlanta, Ga U.s

Post Number: 1
hello guys and gals. i have an ilo dvd player/recorder and a rca home theater rt2390. every thing works fine except, when i try to record something and i playback what i just recorded there is no sound. the funny thing is i figured out how to to do it but the tuner on my tv broke and i had to get it fixed. now that the tv is back i cant seem to remember what i did to get any sound when recording. can anyone please help me. thank you very much.
tapout

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3861
What else is connected to the back of your DVD recorder?

Atlanta, Ga U.s

Post Number: 2
thanks for responing Berny.just the a/v cables to the cable box and to the theather system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3863
you need to connect an audio source from your cable box into the DVD.

Cable --->DVD--->HT

Atlanta, Ga U.s

Post Number: 3
thanks Berny i'll go try that now.

Atlanta, Ga U.s

Post Number: 4
hey Berny just went and tried that, however still having the same problem. what ever it is, its right under my nose. i could have sworn the last time i had the receiver on dvd/anl and was able to record without a problem. now when i put the receiver on dvd theres no sound when i record,and when i put the receiver on tv there is sound when watching but none during playback. but all of my other dvds work and sound fine.

Atlanta, Ga U.s

Post Number: 5
i got it. the receiver has to be on sat/anl during recording if connected to the cable box. thanks for your help Berny and enjoy the rest of your week.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3864
i'm glad you worked it out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us